Download! Traffic will be deducted from user account.

• Duchess Community Patch
Conditions of Use
Use in other projects considered on a case by case basis. Please contact the author via PM or make an enquire using the comments system.
Editing / Modification: Contact the author
Distribution with your project: Contact the author
Credit the author: Contact the author
Guaranteed Availability: Yes. The author has waived the right to delete this upload
Custom Conditions: As these are modified Dovetail Games files, I think it's best not to give "free reign" to the modified files whilst I'm held responsible for them by the TS2014 EULA. However, please do feel free to use the mods in your reskins - just let me know first. ;)

"IMPORTANT NOTICE. This is user generated content designed for use with Dovetail Games train
simulation products, including RailWorks 5: Train Simulator 2014.
Dovetail Games does not approve or endorse this user generated content and does not accept any
liability or responsibility regarding it.
This user generated content has not been screened or tested by Dovetail Games. Accordingly, it
may adversely affect your use of Dovetail Games’s products. If you install this user generated
content and it infringes the rules regarding user-generated content, Dovetail Games may choose to
discontinue any support for that product which they may otherwise have provided.
The RailWorks EULA sets out in detail how user generated content may be used, which you can
review further here: http://www.railsimulator.com/terms. In particular, this user generated content
includes work which remains the intellectual property of Dovetail Games and which may not be
rented, leased, sub-licensed, modified, adapted, copied, reproduced or redistributed without the
permission of Dovetail Games."

This patch has created to correct the poor steaming ability and resolve issues braking vacuum braked stock via the tender. I've customised the cabview so that you can see out of the front windows, into the firebox, and get a wide general view of the magnificent cab (note that there is some clipping at the cab side windows due to the proximity between the camera and the geometry - you may prefer the original view and can therefore delete the Cab Camera.bin included if so). It also decreases the rolling friction coefficient of both locomotive and tender, and makes a few changes to the cab animations:

Automatic small ejector handle when vacuum brakes are in operation.
Vacuum reservoir side reads 21 inches when vacuum brakes are in operation.
Loco air brake pressure needles animate in response to both train brakes and loco brakes.

The above animation changes were hidden scripted features that for reason or another, didn't make the final cut. I would not have been able to "unhide" them if it wasn't for the invaluable help and instructions from Meshtools developer, Edward Fisk.

Tip:
The default initial firemass is 2000lbs, and the ideal firemass is 2600lbs. I haven't changed this, so you need to get stoking to at least 2100lbs to really see the amazing difference to the steaming ability.

Installation instructions:
Unzip the included file, Duchess_Patch_XXXXX_VX.zip, and simply place the RailVehicles folder in Assets->RSC->DuchessPack01. The files contained will override the homologous files contained in the DuchessPack01Assets.ap file.

Uninstallation instructions:
If you don't like the changes, you can easily uninstall them by removing the RailVehicles folder in Assets->RSC->DuchessPack01.

Disclaimer:
The files have been checked for virus, spyware and malware by two independent scanners, with a clean bill of health from both. If you install these modifications, I will not be held responsible for any damage to your PC or TS2014 installation - you install at your own risk.

Special thanks:
Edward Fisk - invaluable help with revealing the hidden scripting and debugging the dual braked tender.

Thanks,
Chris Barnes

This download was added on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:39 pm by cjbarnes5294
Last download Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:03 pm
:
In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you complete the following challenge.

Virus Scan Results: 0/54 positive (0%)
Scanned on: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to:  

Legend

No more overall traffic or file/category traffic left this month!No more overall traffic or file/category traffic left this month!  Not enough traffic or posts (0 posts required).Not enough traffic or posts
(0 posts required).
  Download! External source. No deductions will be taken from your traffic allowance.Download! External source. No deductions will be taken from your traffic allowance.  Free download without traffic count for registered usersFree download without traffic count for registered users 
Download! Traffic will be deducted from user account.Download! Traffic will be deducted from user account.  Download! No deductions will be taken from your traffic allowance.Download! No deductions will be taken from your traffic allowance.  New downloadNew download  Updated downloadUpdated download 
Remaining traffic for the whole site this month: 76.5 Gb | Used: 23.5 Gb of 100 Gb allowance.
Remaining traffic for guests this month: 56.5 Gb | Used: 23.5 Gb of 80 Gb allowance.

There are overall 127 downloads with a size of 3.81 Gb / 10 Gb. This includes 0 external downloads.
Download MOD © by Hotschi, Demolition Fabi, OXPUS •  Download MOD English language © by OXPUS • RSS Feed