Swan Hunter Trip for NER (Finished)

Swan Hunter Trip for NER (Finished)

Postby Derek B » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Thought I'd announce this now as it's more than half ready and it'll encourage me to get it finished and uploaded.

Swan Hunter Trip is a scenario for Joe Whittaker's North East Rails route.

It's essentially a scenario of two halves, the first consisting of a relatively leisurely trip along the riverside branch, best enjoyed from the brakevan, with AI traffic and some sublime views of a fogbound industrial Tyneside on offer, and the second being a more traditional, scripted shunting scenario for those who enjoy following lots of instructions to the clang and clash of buffers. Since the player is encouraged to use the brakevan some propelling is included along the way. Setting is late seventies BR blue era.

Progress to date. Player train, all movements and instructions and all the interacting AI complete and tested. Scenic AI 75% complete and 50% tested. Pop-ups messages, and scenic asset placement plotted out but not yet added. ETA the weekend after next.

I'm trying to keep the asset list as minimal as possible, so far it's the old UK default, the Woodhead items that are required for NER, the old 101, the old 31 and UKTS freeware. I'm humming and hawing over putting some steam in at Percy Main.

Cheers,

Derek
Last edited by Derek B on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek B
Fit for Firing Duties

Re: WIP Swan Hunter Trip for NER

Postby whittaker » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Its good to see someone making use of my old riverside branch,i think people keep to the Tyne loop and don't even know the line is there at all.

looking forward to this , :)

joe
whittaker
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby Derek B » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:11 pm

Just to say that there's been a bit of slippage to the original ETA, due largely to the fantastic weather central Scotland has enjoyed so far this bank holiday weekend. Revised ETA should be a day or two tops as I just need to do a final run-through and tweak a few AI timings.

Cheers.

Derek
Derek B
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby Nobkins » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:38 am

I stumbled on your pictures when I opened up the gallery (they were listed as the latest uploads). Must say they are very nice looking indeed.

For those that have not seen them (you may have linked elsewhere I am not sure):

Looking forward to release.

Jim
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby Derek B » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:52 pm

This scenario is now uploaded and available in the Downloads section. Hope you might find it enjoyable.

I can't let pass the opportunity to say that the process of uploading to Trainsimdev was simple, easy to use and comes with loads of highly suitable options. A terrific and comprehensive job has been done on this website. Well done Jim.

Derek
Derek B
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby Nobkins » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Cheers Derek,

Any suggestions etc regarding the site always feel free to PM or post. I'll see what I can do :D
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Return to Scenario Creation