Adherence to a Timetabled Schedule

Adherence to a Timetabled Schedule

Postby rfletcher72 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:34 pm

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am having a bit of a nightmare with the scenario editor.

The problem is that, seemingly on a random basis, I cannot get the dispatcher to adhere to a timetabled schedule once the scenario is running in the sim. This initially reared it's head when compiling a scenario for the Riviera Line. I set a timetabled schedule in the editor, by ticking the 'clock' icon for each station stop, the duration of these stops being anything from the default 35 seconds upwards. But on running the scenario, I was finding that regardless of the duration I had set, station stops where lasting about 30 seconds before being given the 'tip' by the Guard/dispatcher. And alarmingly, I was finding that stops at which I had arrived at either slightly early or just after the arrival time, I was being failed on, getting a big fat 'X' for these. Also, if I have a schedule that is not timetabled, ie. I let the dispatcher calculate the arrival and departure times, all stops regardless of duration are lasting a mere 10 seconds.

I did think at the time that this was peculiar to the Paignton route, and rather foolishly commented to someone that I had not seen this on any other route DLC. Foolishly, insofar as the problem has now manifested itself in a Brighton line scenario I am trying to construct.

This appears to occur randomly, with standard and/or timetabled scenarios, and with different items of stock (the BML scenario uses the Class 319). I will let DTG know (again I think) shortly of what I am seeing, but in the meantime I have posted here to see if anyone has any idea as to what might be going on. A previous employer, when anything went wrong, would seek to identify the 'change point' to ascertain the cause. I cannot think of anything I have done myself that might have brought about this, I am not aware of any updates plus in between first seeing this on the Paignton route and then on BML, I have had cause to do a verify, so I am up to date I think.

I am hoping someone can shed some light, as this is having a big impact on my enjoyment of the few chances I seem to get to drive these days :? .

Kindest Regards,
Richard
rfletcher72
Full Time Fireman

Re: Adherence to a Timetabled Schedule

Postby Kernow » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Oh Dear Richard!
Sounds like a real mystery - could you package your scenario up and send it to me and I'll have a look/play/see if I can replicate the issues.
You might have some virtual paint clogging up your keys?
You can upload it here or email it to me?
Regards,
Graham
Kernow
General Shed Duties

Postby rfletcher72 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm

Thanks Graham,

I'll take you up on that if it's OK? There is some stuff I haven't released yet to package up then I'll try and upload to here tomorrow if I can work out how to do it.

Anyone else please feel free to try the scenario, the more experiences the better. It is for BML and you need the AP JHA wagons: from Steam, the EWS 66 v2, 319, FCC 377, 444 and 455 - plus some downloads from DPS.

Thanks again,
Richard
rfletcher72
Full Time Fireman

Postby Nobkins » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:57 am

Hi Richard.

You can put it as an attachment onto any post. Current file size limit is 25Mb.

If it is bigger than 25Mb then I can either increase the attachment limit or you can upload it to the file library (it can be deleted later by yourself at any time if you wish / need to).
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby rfletcher72 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Thanks for the guidance Jim,

Ok, the scenario is attached below. The zip also includes a readme with the requirements and some background info.

The link to the 319 reskin is below, sorry about the file size but it is stripped back to the bare bones:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a67dp ... CC_319.zip

Thanks again to Graham and anyone else who is able to run the scenario and share their experiences. Hopefully any feedback given will help us
get to the bottom of any issue.

Cheers,

Richard
Attachments
2T63v1.zip
(110.78 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
Richard
rfletcher72
Full Time Fireman

Postby Kernow » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Have downloaded the file Richard although my 'dearest' wants to go to Exeter tomorrow (but we get to go on the train :-) woo hoo ) and now talking of Carluccios for lunch, that will mean large glass(es) wine and powers of concentration/interest will be diminished!
G.
Kernow
General Shed Duties

Postby deltic009 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:19 pm

Kernow wrote:Have downloaded the file Richard although my 'dearest' wants to go to Exeter tomorrow (but we get to go on the train :-) woo hoo ) and now talking of Carluccios for lunch, that will mean large glass(es) wine and powers of concentration/interest will be diminished!
G.

Don't forget that Western Champion is on her way down to you with a rescheduled railtour to Kingswear and return.
deltic009
Full Time Fireman

Postby Kernow » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 am

deltic009 wrote:
Kernow wrote:Have downloaded the file Richard although my 'dearest' wants to go to Exeter tomorrow (but we get to go on the train :-) woo hoo ) and now talking of Carluccios for lunch, that will mean large glass(es) wine and powers of concentration/interest will be diminished!
G.

Don't forget that Western Champion is on her way down to you with a rescheduled railtour to Kingswear and return.

I have camera in bag ;)
G.
Kernow
General Shed Duties

Postby Kernow » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:56 am

OK Richard,
Had a little play.
1.1A58 didn't want to leave in time for you to get on to Platform at East Croydon so I made it a timetabled stop and it now gets going 15 seconds earlier so now you can make E.C. on time
2. Can't get into Gatwick on time because 1U29 doesn't depart P6 at 2007 instead it sits and waits until te 1A58 has run through the station. This means you don't get a path into Gatwick until 20:10:35 so with half a mile to go you'll arrive at P6 late and fail the scenario. Will look at pushing up status of the 1U29 to special and see if this can work without messing other AI up too much..
Hmm.. problem 1A58 is International so that's why 1U29 sits and waits. Could be a bit of a mare changing priorities - probably make a big mess of the timetabling..
That's as far as I can get for now Richard as arrival at Three Bridges is do or die to arrive to arrive on time. However I think we can make up time on the run to Haywoods Heath..

Western Champion today - Woo Hoo! Lucky me - will try to put the memory card in the camera today doh...
G.
Kernow
General Shed Duties

Postby rfletcher72 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:49 am

Thanks Graham for your deliberations so far,

Oddly, on the original set up, East Croydon was the only station I was getting a 'tick' for.

I was able to get into P6 at Gatwick for about 2010.15. I did originally route 1A58 through P5 and have 1U29 start from P6, but the dispatcher did not like that for some reason so the trusty old standby, the 'platform alteration' came into play. As things stood, you get the tip early away from Gatwick and you can comfortably arrive at Three Bridges prior to 2015. It was my early arrival here at this point and subsequent early RA here, that I noticed things were starting to go pear shaped :? .

Thanks again,
Last edited by rfletcher72 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard
rfletcher72
Full Time Fireman

Next

Return to Scenario Creation