Loft Track setup problem

Loft Track setup problem

Postby honeybaobao » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:48 am

Hello Everyone,

I just begin to do a route for my son, I will offer him in Christmas, but the problem I create the train on Blender without problem, I use the UV mapping for texturing, and suceed to export to TS, but in the editor nothing can not see when install on the route. I followed the process on RW documentations, textures is linked to the Track, everything looks ok but the loft can not see.

the origin of the track is on the middle of the object, the export was fine and the blueprint looks right.

How can I resolve this problem, I know the loft in TS is always hard to mastering, I took a long time in the past, but I stop to design during 3 years, to take care of my son, so forgot lot of things but in the past I designed on 3ds max.

Thanks for your help :)

I have blender 2.82 with briage for 2.82
honeybaobao
Fit for Firing Duties

Re: Loft Track setup problem

Postby Miniature_works » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:07 am

I've recently been playing around with 15inch gauge track lofts myself. I firstly found a few teething issues when setting it up in game.

Few pointers to check:

1. The scale and postion of the object was reset in blender (control & A)
2. The objects postion in the scene is 0,0,0 with the height of the rails being level with ground
3. The texture and uv tile upwards along the Y axis in the uv editor.

track.png

These are issues I've had recently, which are easily checked and corrected if needed. Takes quite a bit of persverance I've found.

Good luck!
Creating Miniature Railway Content For TS2020
Miniature_works
Engine Cleaner

Postby honeybaobao » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:34 pm

Miniature_works wrote:I've recently been playing around with 15inch gauge track lofts myself. I firstly found a few teething issues when setting it up in game.

Few pointers to check:

1. The scale and postion of the object was reset in blender (control & A)
2. The objects postion in the scene is 0,0,0 with the height of the rails being level with ground
3. The texture and uv tile upwards along the Y axis in the uv editor.

track.png

These are issues I've had recently, which are easily checked and corrected if needed. Takes quite a bit of persverance I've found.

Good luck!

I followed your advices and it's work but they are another problem but I guess it's on the object maybe, I will check that on blender.

Thanks for your advices ;) ;)
honeybaobao
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby AndiS » Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:30 pm

I once looked at the xsect files that define the cross section of lofts and resolved for myself that if I ever were to create some loft, I would just hack that file by hand. Since the UV wrapping hat so be simple, it is not rocket science.

Actually, I would steal it from some other track, i.e., just reskin the track, and maybe bend the shape a bit. That is just me, for narrow gauge track it can be easier to do it in the modeller, if the exporting business works.

Of course, you still need a suitable texture, representing 4x4 m if I remember correctly.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Return to Blender