Loft Creation - Texturing Question!

Loft Creation - Texturing Question!

Postby Yooski » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:17 am

Good Morning All,

I am in the process of creating a station asset in Blender. I have textured the basic model and this displays fine in game however when i use this asset as the basis for a loft i get a very strange result with the tiling of the texture.
I am sure there is a simple way of correcting this - could anyone shed any light on to it?

Here is a picture of the problem, with the correctly rendered "asset" next to it.

Thanks in advance!
Yooski
Engine Cleaner

Re: Loft Creation - Texturing Question!

Postby AndiS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:51 pm

I would say that the UV dimensions got swapped. It looks to me like each slice of the loft runs the texture from the bottom of the ring's inner side (that is shown on the left) up.

The naive approach would be to swap U and V, or rotate the UV map by 90° if it is squared.

But there is also some chance that you have to rotate the 3D shape in some other way.

All I know about these things is that people found the required setup confusing and illogical. So if yours is logical, you need to change that.

You could peek into the X-section file (.xsec-something) of your model and of some item from the default content to get some inspiration for the switching of coordinates. But trial and error could be just as quick.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Return to Blender