Blender Bake Textures

Blender Bake Textures

Postby Auscgu » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:36 am

The Wayward Art company has done some building modelling and talk you through his modelling tips
Good for a model to practise your commands and get an understanding of the work flow.
Love his method of using Blender to create the single texture image by setting all the textures to one material.
Then bake the textures to a single image. The single image is then put into Gimp to add more detail.

The Blender is the older version with out the new principle shader in 2.79 but with a bit of you tube browsing you can put the two together.
I have completed the model and now just working through his texturing method.
I see heaps of potential with the photo realistic shader.
Check out the Wayward Art Company
http://www.youtube.com/v/3jJGBzAxXKo&;t=2200s
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

Re: Blender Bake Textures

Postby Auscgu » Sat May 05, 2018 8:59 am

Progress with the Wayward Art Company video has lead to a similar building which was textured and baked
The baking process works and gives a single texture applied to the UV-Texture image
The texture image is then used as a single texture file and a single normal map for your creating
A2 House.png

The single texture file with bump map applied
The combine normal map was baked as well
A2 House Tex.png

One part of the video that I have not been able to find a method for is the way he drags the Texture image in and scales in the object model
Looked far and wide for a solution if you can point me in the right direction would appreciate that
Next phase is to create my own work flow and sort out the TS naming convention but use as many of the save object and texture size
Learn a solid work flow with the exporter to TS

Cheers Ausc
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

Return to Blender