Serious help on creating a simple loft.

Re: Serious help on creating a simple loft.

Postby Class1987 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:33 pm

I have the bridge top in the game as a scenery object so it is there just can't get it in as a lofted object. Here is an image
Attachments
bridge.png
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Postby Class1987 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:06 pm

Here is an improvement, just need to sort out the blueprint editor.
Attachments
bridge loft.png
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Postby AndiS » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:09 pm

A loft is a totally different thing than a scenery item. A loft is two-dimensional. You create a dummy object in the 3D-package and the game just takes the profile from that. Actually, it takes all the vertices and edges at zero. I don't have the Developer Documentation at hand. They say something about the orientation there, and also on quite a few posts on UKTS, long ago.

You have two options.

1) You combined the bridge shape with the legs shape and you are done. It will not look good in curves, though.

2) You create a loft for the bridge and stick that where the invisible loft is now. For starters forget about the railing.

It really depends on whether you have curved use cases or not. Option 2 is clearly much harder.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby eyore » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:09 am

For viaducts and bridges I create two scenery objects which are then added to an invisible loft.

The first is the leg and top combined as one item and this is your mid geometry. The second is a model of the end piers which becomes your start and ( by selecting reverse option) end geometry.

If the loft will be following a curve I extrude and slightly taper one end of the road in the mid geometry scenery object. This means it fits inside the adjacent bridge section and stops gaps appearing on curved sections.
Phil

eyore
Passed Fireman

Postby Class1987 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:54 am

Hi Phill thanks for the information if I still get issues I'll email you. I don't seem to get much look with lofts lol.
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Previous

Return to 3D Objects General