Loft LOD's

Loft LOD's

Postby RobertM » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:59 pm

After some help here, I have hit a kinda stumbling block on Esthwaite and its driving me mad.

In the shots below, you can see a tunnel in the distance, but were so far away from it the tunnel loft isnt showing, but then as we move closer it comes back in, is there a way I can increase the Loft's LOD? Its one of SAD's lofts, Tunnel 2 SAD

Rob

RobertM
Full Time Fireman

Re: Loft LOD's

Postby VictoryWorks » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:13 pm

Not sure about loft's specifically but LOD's are set in the model object via parenting and a naming convention. So nothing you can edit without the source as far as I'm aware.

However, if you can lay a loft over a loft (pretty sure you can do that with the loft select tool?) then you could make your own LOD tunnel with a very small invisible loft a few pixels wide that sits below track level from 0 metres up to X metres (say 50m, hard to judge the distance on that image when his tunnel disappears) and then a simple black texture tunnel up to 500m so at distance you'd see your LOD'd tunnel and then the real one would kick in as it does now when you got close.

EDIT: In fact even that seems overkill for that distance, I think a simple 2D image on a plane that fits in the tunnel would do it. Then at X distance the plane vanishes to reveal the real tunnel.
If you take a clean picture looking straight into the tunnel and tell me how high the entrance is and the distance that you want it to vanish at I'll make it for you.
VictoryWorks
Driver

Postby longbow » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:18 pm

Actually you do not need the source files. You can open geopcdx files in RWTools and edit settings such as LODs and shaders.
longbow
General Shed Duties

Postby DPSimulation » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:13 pm

longbow wrote:Actually you do not need the source files. You can open geopcdx files in RWTools and edit settings such as LODs and shaders.

Have you ever tried it with LOD's? Never worked for me, granted it was years ago.

It would also be a fruitless exercise were you to be sharing your project, given you cannot share the .geopcdx file.
DPSimulation
Passed Fireman

Return to 3D Objects General