Serious help on creating a simple loft.

Re: Serious help on creating a simple loft.

Postby Class1987 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:58 am

Brilliant :D thanks a lot Phil really appreciate it. Have you emailed it to me? As there is nothing in my PM box or emails including my spam box, could you resend it, thanks.
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Postby Class1987 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:20 am

Received it, cheers.
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Postby Class1987 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:27 pm

Just to let you know I've sent you a few emails, not having much look my end :(
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Postby ukrichb » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Hi,

I am having trouble with lofts that don’t appear in TS2019. I’ve been trying to figure out what’s wrong all weekend. I used the correct rail works texture in 3DS, made sure the .dds file had the correct geometry (512 x 512), the origin was 0, 0, 0. The material was an extruded line and called 1_1000_line. I even tried to apply the XForm modifier. I used the right loft blueprint too.

Could you post what some of the errors were in the case above, as it’s really hard to find good information on the web. Maybe they will help others like me. I’ve actually been able to do this once before but I can’t remember how I got it to work.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Rich
ukrichb
General Shed Duties

Postby Class1987 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:03 pm

Hi everyone I've recently got back into lofting again and just built myself a motorway elevated loft but having once again issues. firstly good news is the legs of the bridge are in but are not repeating while extruding in game play, so do I need to use the face extrude modifier for this? 2nd problem I exported of the bridge top and that isn't even showing, all pieces of my bridge are at 0 on the cross-section and I have placed the .xml in the correct blueprintID section so beginning to get stumped and need some advice on what I'm doing wrong. I have some images of what I'm going on about hopefully this will help.
Cheers, Ian.
Attachments
model.png
in game example.png
blueprint setup.png
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Postby AndiS » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:48 pm

I'm not sure I ever built a loft myself, but for all I remember, this mid geometry is just the same as the ends. I mean, you link to the same legs. The start and end is just there for cases where you need a cap. And of course, in your case you need a reference to the legs there, too, or else the ends hover in mid air.

Now don't ask me where you put the reference to the loft shape. I would put my money on the CrossSectionID. Have you tried entering the filename of the IGS file of the bridge top there?

I guess the problem could be that you need to get through the steps of creating a loft. I would first texture your invisible.igs and try to make it show in game and then you do the same with the model of the bridge top.

The modifiers in the 3D modelling software have nothing to do with it at all. You model your segment and the game
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby Class1987 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:11 am

I actually never thought of placing the bridge top in the Cross-section ID I always assumed it was for the invisible.igs for the loft to extrude. I’ll give it a try and get back to you. One thing I would ask if you have the answer is when exporting a loft like a bridge can you export with the legs and top attached or do they have to be exported separately?
Cheers, Ian.
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Postby Auscgu » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:27 am

Class1987
I have built a track loft and struggled for quite a while.
Looking at your setup as you have modeled the bridge deck.
You bridge is forward of the X,Z plane.
You have the deck orientation in the Y plane but it should go away from the X,Y Plane.
Loft 01.JPG

This is the track loft setup in Blender.

Next thing to check is you UV map.
Again the direction of the UV is critical.
U is the X plane V is the Y plane.
You texture must be in the V direction to match the model Y direction.
You also need to ensure the texture direction is correct.
Loft 02.JPG

I have highlighted a vertex and you can see its orientation in the V or Y direction.
I would also check the bridge deck appears in the Blueprint editor by using the preview option.

Once you have the bridge confirmed in Railworks we can sort out the Blueprint.
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

Postby Class1987 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:56 pm

AndiS wrote:I'm not sure I ever built a loft myself, but for all I remember, this mid geometry is just the same as the ends. I mean, you link to the same legs. The start and end is just there for cases where you need a cap. And of course, in your case you need a reference to the legs there, too, or else the ends hover in mid air.

Now don't ask me where you put the reference to the loft shape. I would put my money on the CrossSectionID. Have you tried entering the filename of the IGS file of the bridge top there?

I guess the problem could be that you need to get through the steps of creating a loft. I would first texture your invisible.igs and try to make it show in game and then you do the same with the model of the bridge top.

The modifiers in the 3D modelling software have nothing to do with it at all. You model your segment and the game

I've tried the suggestion placing the bridge top in the cross-sectionID still didn't show :(
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Postby Class1987 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:11 pm

Auscgu wrote:Class1987
I have built a track loft and struggled for quite a while.
Looking at your setup as you have modeled the bridge deck.
You bridge is forward of the X,Z plane.
You have the deck orientation in the Y plane but it should go away from the X,Y Plane.
Loft 01.JPG

This is the track loft setup in Blender.

Next thing to check is you UV map.
Again the direction of the UV is critical.
U is the X plane V is the Y plane.
You texture must be in the V direction to match the model Y direction.
You also need to ensure the texture direction is correct.
Loft 02.JPG

I have highlighted a vertex and you can see its orientation in the V or Y direction.
I would also check the bridge deck appears in the Blueprint editor by using the preview option.

Once you have the bridge confirmed in Railworks we can sort out the Blueprint.

Thanks for the info I'll see how it goes.
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

PreviousNext

Return to 3D Objects General