My bits and bobs

Re: My bits and bobs

Postby WeaselWorks » Sat May 16, 2015 3:42 am

Hi James,

I'm all for the two foot, be it diseasel or steam. If/when my Hunslet is finished, there will definitely be a version modelled after the Australian sugar cane locos.

I'm sure you've seen this already: http://www.zelmeroz.com/canesig/

I'm also 100% behind you on the payware/donationware front.

Regards,

Mike
WeaselWorks
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby JamesLit » Sat May 16, 2015 11:02 am

WeaselWorks wrote:Hi James,

I'm all for the two foot, be it diseasel or steam. If/when my Hunslet is finished, there will definitely be a version modelled after the Australian sugar cane locos.

I'm sure you've seen this already: http://www.zelmeroz.com/canesig/

I'm also 100% behind you on the payware/donationware front.

Regards,

Mike

Believe it or not that one is actually 3' 6"! But I'll do some other versions as well - at least a 3' one. I'm going to butcher a hunk of these designs to make them work on as many gauges as possible! I'd like to get stuff going more for the existing 2' and 2' 3" gauges we've got but also start the ball rolling with larger ones. A bit of everything! Which hopefully might inspire some others. Glad you're going to be making some contributions there, I like the sound of anything Hunslet! :D

I have indeed seen that one, very useful site indeed.

Glad I have your support on the format - that's mainly on UK stuff where I have some major input from a lot of the owning groups, but if I could get in contact with some of these lines in Aus then I suppose that wouldn't be too much of a problem either, in principle... when the time comes!

To be honest, these narrow gauge bits - while I definitely want to pursue them - are just filler for the moment, I'm waiting on a few things to fall into place before I can finally complete my first big loco project. It's certainly far from the dinky toys like that Peckett of mine! :D
The Forge Simulation | Like us on Facebook!
Owner & Director | Content built with care, not compromises.
JamesLit
Driver

Postby JamesLit » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:16 am

Taking some time away from the 2MT, I spent a few hours knocking this up. Didn't have anything suitable so thought I may as well make a shed of my own. Nothing special or groundbreaking, and I'm not particularly proud of it, but it does the job and isn't a total eyesore so it'll do me. Only for my own use, anyway, so I won't be losing sleep over it. :)
The Forge Simulation | Like us on Facebook!
Owner & Director | Content built with care, not compromises.
JamesLit
Driver

Previous

Return to 3DS Max