Sketchup to trainsim

Sketchup to trainsim

Postby honeybaobao » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I beginned a project, butI gived up due that I was blocked and no much time, and now I want continue on again on this route, I use sketchup to design on 3d and then 3dsmax to convert and export, but I got some problems like texture size or maybe texture setting, so I checked on google, and found different tuto, such as sketchup to 3dcrafter and sketchup to 3dsmax.

My question is have some members do like me design from sketchup and then export to train sim by 3dcrafter or 3dsmax ? If yes how you resolve the problems of texturing ? Do you suggest me use 3dcrafter or 3dsmax to export to train sim ?

I will not give up sketchup, due that this software match to me, and I appreciate it.

For 3dcrafter, I have licence too for this software

Thanks a lot for your precious help
honeybaobao
Fit for Firing Duties

Re: Sketchup to trainsim

Postby Pauls » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:19 pm

Hi,

I export from Sketchup 7 to Vivaty Studio using the GoogleEarth kmz format to Vivaty Studio then from Vivaty Studio to 3D Studio Max using the VRML wrl format then finally to Railworks. I've found you can scale, rotate and move the textures in Sketchup but if I distort the textures by moving the pins in Sketchup it won't export properly. Make sure each object in Sketchup is made into a group or component before creating any further parts which intersect it in any way or you will end up with a very complex model.

http://www.web3d.org/projects/vivaty-studio

You can export from Vivaty to 3D Crafter as well if that is what you want to do.

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Postby honeybaobao » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:02 pm

Hi Pauls,

Thank you for your reply, I will try after holidays and let you know my feedback, during this time wishing you nice holidays and happy new year
honeybaobao
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby honeybaobao » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:13 pm

Looks like it's working well, I tried one object I got problem in the past was very well this time.
honeybaobao
Fit for Firing Duties

Return to SketchUp