Miplodbias in Crafter.

Miplodbias in Crafter.

Postby Chris Baker » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:29 am

Following on from what i found out with Moire effect problem with some of my models in crafter. This is a quick heads up on how to alter Miplodbias in crafter.

Both the exporters ,export to default setting of miplodbias -2. This is what can cause the moire effect on hi res busy textures like brickwork.
I got in touch with Paul ( decapod ) about this and if there was a way to change it. And there is.

Here is Pauls reply.

If you're using my export plugin then you could try setting the RailSimX custom material field to include r0miplodbias=0 then check the export.
It's been so long since I used it, I think that's the right syntax.

The r0 indicates the first texture stage - r1 and r2 are rarely used

Cheers,
Paul

Ive tried this with both the exporters and it works a treat. No need to edit anything using rwtools.

You can change the properties of existing models by using properties/information panel on the right hand side , under the component properties tab ,select your model, or parts off and add the same text (r0miplodbias=0) to the railsimX section.
Also remember you can alter the value to + or - so for example r0miplodbias=+1.

Anyway just thought i would pass this info on :)

Chris.
Chris Baker
Passed Fireman

Re: Miplodbias in Crafter.

Postby Pauls » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Hi Chris,

I think someone else must have given the above reply - it sounds far too clever for me ! :)

I think I just said to have a higher MipMap value - 0 I think is Normal , -2 is for the image to stay at a higher resolution for longer , +2 is to go to a lower resolution more quickly - high resolution is sharp but gives moire effect for textures with parallel lines such as brickwork - I just experiment for the best compromise - normally between 0 and -2.

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Postby Chris Baker » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Pauls wrote:Hi Chris,

I think someone else must have given the above reply - it sounds far too clever for me ! :)

I think I just said to have a higher MipMap value - 0 I think is Normal , -2 is for the image to stay at a higher resolution for longer , +2 is to go to a lower resolution more quickly - high resolution is sharp but gives moire effect for textures with parallel lines such as brickwork - I just experiment for the best compromise - normally between 0 and -2.

Cheers
Paul

It was Paul (decapod ) who makes plugins for Crafter. But Paul put me on the right track , you that is Paul, It was just finding out how to do it in Crafter so i asked Paul. :lol:

Chris
Chris Baker
Passed Fireman

Postby Pauls » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Ok - that clears that up nicely :lol:
Pauls
Driver

Return to 3DCrafter