Double Decker Bus

Re: Double Decker Bus

Postby jp4712 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Good heavens! that looks nice. Might have to put a couple of those on Woodhead, only slightly out of patch...

Interesting that you chose 235 and Bury 201. We parked them together at the Trans Lancs show in Manchester in September, see photo below. And I have parked it next to Bury 177 too... The one you saw in Sheffield was a Regent V - mine is the Regent III with the old-fashioned radiator and it lives in the Museum of Transport Greater Manchester.

After I wrote the post last night, I listened to the YouTube video and didn't like what I heard - too much traffic noise. So I'll see what I have at home that would loop nicely and drop a PM with a link to a decent file that should loop well.

Paul

Click for bigger version

Rochdale 235 and Bury 201, Trans Lancs Historic Vehicle Show, Heaton Park, Manchester, September 2015 by Paul Williams, on Flickr

Nocturnal Regent loveliness, Museum of Transport Greater Manchester, November 2015 by Paul Williams, on Flickr
jp4712
General Shed Duties

Postby Pauls » Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Very nice !!

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Postby briyeo » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:05 pm

I don't know why I like classic buses so much, they always made me feel sick when I was a kid. :) Seeing as it is a struggle some times to run a car I think I will put my dreams of ever owning one on ice until I win the lottery. :D
Don't they look nice lit up in the evening 8-)

This is what I'm aiming for but finding it a little difficult at times.

briyeo
Driver

Postby briyeo » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:51 pm

Lots more little things done.

briyeo
Driver

Postby briyeo » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:18 pm

Maybe even London Transport too.

briyeo
Driver

Postby BigVern » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:18 pm

Looking pretty good to me!

It's like most things we took for granted as everyday 30 - 40 years ago, buses, heritage DMU's etc.

I always remember crying, yes crying (though I was only about 8 at the time) when my parents used to decide to go on the annual holiday by coach not train (unfortunately they never had much spare money). Almost inevitably from the North East the first leg at least was on United with one of their sultry Gardner engine, whining runbly RELH's. Would pay £'ssss to do a journey on one of those up and down the M1/A1M these days yet at the time I was just piqued at not getting a train ride.
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Postby briyeo » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Well I hated buses when I was a kid, I once suggested we could walk the 12 miles home from Nottingham rather than suffer the travel sickness again. The worst part of the journey was a hump back canal bridge near the end of our journey, that really tested my ability to retain my dignity in front of a bus full of passengers.
If I had known about such things then I would have suggested catching the train from Eastwood and Langley Mill GN station to Nottingham Victoria. :)
briyeo
Driver

Postby Dave Fennessy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:55 pm

Excellent work there Brian, look forward to maybe having a play with them :) My Dad never had a car until he turned 50 so we grew up on the buses. Living in east London I enjoyed the RTs, Routemasters, Merlins and then it all went a bit Pete Tong with the off the shelf DMS. I guess in my younger years I was a bit of a bus spotter until I discovered girls were more fun. Have recently spent an unnatural amount of time trying to reskin Kevin McGowans Routemaster 291 using original bus blind textures from:

http://www.londonbuses.co.uk/index.html

... to limited success.
Quietly beavering away on two routes
Dave Fennessy
Full Time Fireman

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:37 pm

Regarding bus sounds, in my mind the most logical thing to do (when the time comes) would be to add the sound blueprint as a child object of the bus scenery blueprint, rather than as an independent sound dome. It would also save needing to make a basic mesh for a sound dome so that you can grab the dome and move it around the world in the route editor/scenario editor.

I love the LT liveried model, Brian, fantastic work.

Kind regards,
Chris
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Postby BigVern » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:44 am

How easy (or hard) would it be to make this driveable in the sim, as I believe it has been done in another route with a milk float used for sightseeing?
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

PreviousNext

Return to 3DCrafter