Lit up the passenger view

Lit up the passenger view

Postby sumitsingh » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:26 pm

I had tried making a small tube light as child inside the coaches but it took all away my FPS.
What is the alternate way to lit up the passenger view inside in night so that the light must peep out from windows and show their presence on ground while driving.
Any shader?
sumitsingh
Full Time Fireman

Re: Lit up the passenger view

Postby VictoryWorks » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:36 am

If you only want light inside the carriage then use a light but turn off "Casts Shadows" - this is what kills your FPS. However set like this the light will spill through the walls of the coach so you'll need to place it in the middle of the coach "area" and keep the radius small so the light remains inside. To be honest unless someone is examining the stock in close detail this works perfectly well.

The alternative is to use a shader that has an emission setting (i.e. it glows), and have a complete replacement interior that uses it so it basically glows slightly and then you have to make sure each one shows separately at day/night or, using scripting, when the headlights are off/on. This is a LOT more work and how we used to do it before we had lights!
VictoryWorks
Driver

Postby sumitsingh » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:30 pm

each one shows separately at day/night or, using scripting

Currently I have no idea about scripting, but I have noted down this point as I am interested in learning Lua because it is a boost to use this scripting to enhance the simulation experience.

I am thinking that in near future I can increase the PC's RAM and upgrade the graphic's driver, till then I have to use this lit the texture method. I have also examined that no light is leaking from models. I have designed well packed model and tested it also with making light inside the coaches. I have seen that in most of the cases no sunlight enters into the passenger view of coaches and they remain dark all time.

I also have a query that I want to add a head out camera in the coach also apart from passenger view, usually standing on the doors and looking out (for END cars which have Guard waving flags to station master & Loco Pilot).
HeadoutCamera.jpg

In the blueprint Editor 2, I am not getting the idea of filling the Vectors. What does these vectors denote and how degree of freedom is defined (say the view should be locked in 180 degree in horizontal plane only and the person should not view either ground or sky).
sumitsingh
Full Time Fireman

Postby VictoryWorks » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:08 am

The offset vectors are locations in the X Y and Z directions, where X is side to side, Y is down to up, and Z is front to back. All in metres.

Direction is the same, but both it and the Directional Freedoms (the first is vertical and the second is horizontal) are measured in radians rather than degrees https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radian
VictoryWorks
Driver

Return to Rolling Stock General