Headlight, Headboard & tail lights

Headlight, Headboard & tail lights

Postby RobertM » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Evening all,

Today I have been messing with BIN files, specifically the modern flashing tail lamp from UKTS that you can add to any piece rolling stock via the BIN files, and despite this being what some would see as a minor thing in the editing of TS, I feel quite proud of myself for getting it all working :lol:

So now I feel quite confident and would like to do some more editing, what I am wanting to do is recreate the Cathedrals Express that ran last month with 70013 from London to Norwich (minus hot box issues). What I would like to do is 3 things to the train set.

- Add a modern LED light to the centre bracket on the running plate which is then flanked on either side by normal oil lamps.
- Add a cathedrals express headboard.
- Turn of the D.I.T 47's rear lights.

Currently the centre bottom lamp is a standard oil lamp, what I would like to do is take the lamp from the JT 4MT pack and place that there, am I right in guessing this would be a copy & paste job from one to the other overwriting the section for the Brits centre lamp section with this?

The JT Brits do come with headboards, but non of them are the Cathedrals Express ones. Now I dont know if the board itself exists in TS currently, maybe a SSS enhancement but not sure, can someone confirm if it does exist and if so, can it be added to the loco the same way I have suggested for the lamp? For bonus points there was also a wreath on the smoke box in remembrance of someone, has a wreath been done in TS and if so can this be added?

Finally, I have added a tail lamp to the rear loco (D.I.T 47), managed to get it positioned onto a lamp bracket and it flashes away quite nicely. But what I also want to do is turn the locos own tail lights off, I have to have the front lights on on the leading loco for them to show, but this turns on the 47's lights aswell, can I disable them?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Robert :)
RobertM
Full Time Fireman

Return to Rolling Stock General