TS2015 Raildriver Interface

When downloads are added a topic is automatically created where discussion of that download can take place.

Re: TS2015 Raildriver Interface

Postby CobraOne » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi James

I'm pretty sure its not a compatibility issue as I am running windows 8.1 (Urrrgh) and it works fine!!

Chris
CobraOne
General Shed Duties

Postby shmbry » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi Chris

Many,many thanks for all your work. I recently started exploring how to get raildriver working with more locomotives and soon found out the programming required was way over my head. I have tried the program and found the instructions easy to follow.The interface is running, as administrator, but no data is being sent or received. The Railworks_GetData_Script.lua is in the plugins folder, but nothing indicating data is being received.

Is this because my railworks installation is not on 'C' drive?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

TS running OK without crashing

.NET framework 4.5.2

Macroworks 3.1 NOT running
shmbry
Engine Cleaner

Postby CobraOne » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:13 pm

shmbry wrote:Hi Chris

Many,many thanks for all your work. I recently started exploring how to get raildriver working with more locomotives and soon found out the programming required was way over my head. I have tried the program and found the instructions easy to follow.The interface is running, as administrator, but no data is being sent or received. The Railworks_GetData_Script.lua is in the plugins folder, but nothing indicating data is being received.

Is this because my railworks installation is not on 'C' drive?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

TS running OK without crashing

.NET framework 4.5.2

Macroworks 3.1 NOT running

Hi shmbry

You are the third person to report no data being sent or received. I have programmed my program to look in the registry to get the location of the railworks folder but as you are the second person to report that their folder is not on the C: drive I am going to install steam on a virgin computer on the D; drive and see if I can duplicate the same problem.

Chris
CobraOne
General Shed Duties

Postby JamesLit » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi Chris,

I've just used JustTrains' registry fix, which seems to have solved the problem! Just tested and all working fine. It might be an idea to do what RW_Tools does and have the user specify the install location manually? :)
The Forge Simulation | Like us on Facebook!
Owner & Director | Content built with care, not compromises.
JamesLit
Driver

Postby shmbry » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello Chris

I have just tried the Just Trains registry fix, unfortunately it made no difference. It only reported a possible size mismatch but showed the exe location correctly.
shmbry
Engine Cleaner

Postby CobraOne » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi James

Thanks for that, I will amend my program as you suggest and glad you now have it working, can you tell me on which drive you have your railworks folder.

To all having problems with not receiving any data from TS2015 you can either try the fix James suggests which can be located herehttp://www.justtrains.net/support/railworks/dafd908
or give me a while to amend my program so it ask you for the location.
Chris
CobraOne
General Shed Duties

Postby CobraOne » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:34 pm

shmbry wrote:Hello Chris

I have just tried the Just Trains registry fix, unfortunately it made no difference. It only reported a possible size mismatch but showed the exe location correctly.

In that case shmbry if you don't mind, give me a while and I will amend my program to ask for the location of the railworks folder and then get you to test it to see if that fixes things
Chris
CobraOne
General Shed Duties

Postby CobraOne » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:23 pm

I have just uploaded V1.01 with the following updates (awaiting virus scan)
v1.01:
TS2015 Raildriver Interface
1. Added option to select the location of your Railworks folder due to error in railworks installation program not updating the registry properly.
2. Hide the buttons in the calibrate Raildriver form to prevent users trying to calibrate the buttons as well as the levers when it's only necessary to do the levers and lighs/wiper switches..
3. Updated the engine script location documents in respect to the class 166 which due to yet another inconsistency in Railworks needs the engine simulation script and not the engine script edited with the Engine Script Editor.
4. Added the option to turn the Speaker on/off on the Raildriver (untested).

Engine Script Editor
1. On the wise suggestion of Jim (Nobkins) I have ammended the Engine Script Editor to append .rdbak instead of .bak to the end of the renamed engine script files just in case there are other backup files in the railworks folder you wish to delete without deleting the original engine script files by mistake. Don't worry if you have edited your files already, they will still work, just be careful if deleteing .bak files.

Engine Script Locations pdf/doc
1. Again thanks to Jim (Nobkins) he found that the Class 166 does not work if you edit the engine script files I suggested in the pdf/doc.
Instead I found you need to edit the simulation files instead, pdf/doc updated with engine simulation file location. There is no need to undo the changes you made to the engine script files although you can if you want to. This is yet another example of the problems I faced in designing this software

TS2015 Interface Readme doc/pdf
1. Updated to V1.01 and tutorial updated to reflect the changes made in both programs. Changes highlighted in blue.

Hopefully that should solve most peoples problems but as always, let me know either way

Chris
CobraOne
General Shed Duties

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:23 am

I haven't got a raildriver, so unfortunately I can't experience your hard work, but all the same I have to congratulate you for such a fantastic achievement. Potentially, your software could open up opportunities for custom built control devices, as James suggests on the previous page. An authentic replica cab setting would be amazing.

Chris
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Postby Nobkins » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:50 am

Hi Chris,
Version 1.0.1 Feedback
  • Speaker option works just fine. Thanks for that.
  • I still had problems with the 166. When releasing the brake I can get moving but applying the brake via the DynBrake / Throttle lever (combined throttle and brake) does nothing as the "TrainBrakeControl" value is fixed at 0.
    If I edit the "Railworks_GetData_Script.lua" to stop it detecting the TrainBrakeControl then it works fine as your (fantastic) program no longer sends a brake value of 0 for TrainBrakeControl as it has not detected it. Otherwise it still found it even after removing all old script edits and applying on the simulation script.
  • Relating to previous 166 bug. I think we need a way of telling your program to ignore certain controls and it needs to be per keymap. If the setting is stored in the KeyMap file then it will hopefully avoid you having to try and deal with all the difficulties inside you Railworks_GetData_Script.lua script. Simply a custom keymap would be enough to fix many issues (I hope). Maybe an extra tick box at the end of each line with "Disable"
  • .rdbak seems to working fine

I am very much enjoying my RailDriver again thanks to you Chris :D

Jim
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Download Discussion