Ugly junctions?

A collection of tutorials, guides and FAQ's.
Forum rules
Please only create new topics if you are posting a new guide, tutorial or FAQ.

Feel free to post in any existing topic asking questions, seeking clarification etc.

Re: Ugly junctions?

Postby AndiS » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:47 pm

I did not succeed in making it appear. I Ctrl-double click all I can on the handle, all that shows is the old properties box with the coordinates.

Is that new in TS2014?
Modifying the check rail length should be great in diamonds.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby hertsbob » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:48 pm

I've honestly no idea whether it's a new feature or not, I'm afraid.

And the major tragedy of the whole thing is that you can't do anything with the diamonds as there's no point lever to click on, so we're stuck with them looking rubbish! :(
hertsbob
Passed Fireman

Postby bescotbeast » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:35 am

Well Bob that is a tragedy as my diamonds could do with a makeover :P
Simon
bescotbeast
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby AndiS » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:35 am

In my view, there are three issues.

1) The guiderails are centred around the intersection of the rails and not around the gap. This could be rectified by moving them using the feature you discovered.

2) The guiderail tops need another texture as they are not polished at all. Actually their profile differs from that of the running rails in general, which could be reflected in the different texture, too.

3) Diamonds. Oh well, oh well ...

However, I guess that these things have the status of the stencil shadow in RS. It is known to be suboptimal and it is know to be replaced in the future, but marketing said it is not time yet, better wait for the average computer to grow to the computational demand of the better thing. We have new lighting and shadows now for a few years, and we will get 3D switches to go with the 3D rail people build already. I guess that some already build their 3D switches and fit them in. Maybe the blueprint schemes even support it already. But today's computers may not like them for larger layouts, at least mine would not.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Previous

Return to Tutorials, Guides, FAQ