UK AC Catenary

UK AC Catenary

Postby BigVern » Thu May 07, 2015 12:21 am

For obvious reasons can't post this at UKTS where it might reach a slightly wider knowlege base, but I seem to be struggling to find a decent freeware UK style AC catenary set for MSTS. There's some Woodhead gantries and an Australian style system but not much else.

A quick search of the forum seems to indicate at one time Rob Thorburn aka "Goingnorth" uploaded a set of Mk3 catenary but this got pulled when he, as sadly have so many of us over the years, ran into trouble then came the falling out and suspension/resignation/ban resulting in the toys going with him.

Perhaps someone who knows the file library better than me could say if anything is available. Failing that I have the Swedish ones I can copy over from my Inlandsbanan route which are not ideal, but about the best I can manage. Suppose I could see if there's anything kicking about on the French or German sites too.

And yes, as you can gather despite various challenges I'm having yet another attempt at reviving the old dinosaur. There's still a few little corners of the UK which haven't been included in one of the "mega routes" and more than enough of the wider world left to do.
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Re: UK AC Catenary

Postby Nobkins » Thu May 07, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi Vern,

I am afraid I can not be of much help but if you have any way of contacting Rob Thorburn you would be welcome to invite him here and obviously we have an upload library where he can choose the terms and conditions for his uploads.

A long shot I know.

Jim
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Re: UK AC Catenary

Postby BigVern » Fri May 08, 2015 3:40 pm

I think he is probably long gone Jim, the last correspondence seems to be around 2004, over ten years ago. It was more an appeal to see if anyone knew of something buried under an obscure file name in the library. I may download the Woodhead gantries as they will probably be closer to what would look right on a UK route, especially set in GER territory.
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Return to Route Creation