briage and blender

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

briage and blender

Postby bartsville » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:14 pm

I have been making buildings content for TS for a while now but I still seem to get the same issue coming out occasionally. See attached picture where one part of the building appears to have dark distortion on it. this changes or disappears if you rotate the building. The appears to be a light issue in TS as when you turn the weather down from clear to overcast the dark shades disappear. does anyone know what causes it. I am using 2.82 blender and briage and texdiff shaders

barrie
Train Simulator (x64) 25_10_2020 17_19_51.png
wadebridge goodsshed
bartsville
Engine Cleaner

Re: briage and blender

Postby eyore » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:13 am

I don't use blender so I may be wrong, in your case, however this problem is usually a smoothing group issue, not a TS lighting problem.
Also check the offending poly is still planar and you haven't accidentally moved one of the vertices.
I must admit that occasionally I have not been able to resolve a similar problem and had to delete a few polys then re-insert them.
Phil

eyore
Passed Fireman

Postby bartsville » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:52 pm

so are you saying that if a planar is not at the same angle as its neighbour this could happen. in the picture the whole wall was replaced and the end wall fairings and above the door still show up as dark even though they are part of the same plane.
bartsville
Engine Cleaner

Postby ukrichb » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:47 pm

The faces for that section are flipped. You need to find in blender where you unify the faces....I can do it in 3DS.

I think it would be something like this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SRnf7UZRZaA
ukrichb
General Shed Duties

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room