Can't force export!

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

Re: Can't force export!

Postby AndiS » Sat May 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Easy answer first, serz is only the last step. First, the blueprint editor converts blueprint files to asset description files. Both have extension .xml and both use XML-based syntax, but there is a zillion XML-bases syntaxes out there and Kuju just introduce two of them. Anyway, then the asset description file is converted to .bin using serz.exe which does nothing but converting the .xml version of the file to some binary format of exactly the same thing.

The thing is Andi that it wants not only the IGS but EVERY other dependency, even though I'm trying to make it only export the one blueprint, not everything else it wants - the Export This function. Used to work fine...

In your case, I would create all these required blueprints. They can be absolute bogus. Just be sure you backup the original assets as they might get overwritten by the bogus. BUT: (after a backup), if you "touch" the asset files, i.e., if you set their modification date to something newer that the blueprint files, the BE should see that they are up to date and refrain from overwriting. To "touch" a file, serz the .bin and then the .xml. This gets a brand new .bin file that is identical to what it was before, but dated right now.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby JamesLit » Sat May 03, 2014 3:57 pm

I've been trying to create all the files but it won't accept them - and it's looking for all the animations, models etc as well and creating dummy files for those is a pain and doesn't work either. :(

Original blueprint editor won't even take the file, it just spews out all the stuff it's missing and won't let me open it etc.
The Forge Simulation | Like us on Facebook!
Owner & Director | Content built with care, not compromises.
JamesLit
Driver

Postby AndiS » Sat May 03, 2014 5:17 pm

Wasn't too bad a decision when I first thought that you don't get far with my ideas. Creating dummy animations certainly adds to the effort.

Too bad that the old one is as intolerant. Just goes to show that I must have used stub blueprints in all the things I ever did. Which means that I always edited the .bin files when I edited physics. Oh well.

Clearing the Temp folder did not change anything either? Not that I put much money on it.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby JamesLit » Sat May 03, 2014 8:09 pm

Sadly not!

This is all very confusing... I have used this function successfully relatively recently, and nothing has changed in my TS installation to do with the blueprint editor as far as I am aware... so why would it misbehave like this? :?
The Forge Simulation | Like us on Facebook!
Owner & Director | Content built with care, not compromises.
JamesLit
Driver

Previous

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room