AP Sale

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

AP Sale

Postby BigVern » Sat May 17, 2014 7:34 am

Just in case readers haven't picked it up elsewhere, AP is having one of his periodic 40% off sales this weekend.

http://www.armstrongpowerhouse.com/

Think I might pop along and treat myself to the Class 20 sound pack and also very tempted by the Dusty Bin (Class 321).
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Re: AP Sale

Postby jp4712 » Sat May 17, 2014 8:17 am

You definitely won't regret the 321 Vern, it's a cracker.

Paul
jp4712
General Shed Duties

Postby Nobkins » Sat May 17, 2014 8:53 am

It is very close to driving a real one. As close as you can get within limits of the games physics engine.
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby rfletcher72 » Sat May 17, 2014 10:19 am

BigVern wrote:Think I might pop along and treat myself to the Class 20 sound pack

The Class 20 pack is IMHO the best of the lot so go for it (if by the time you read this you haven't already done so), followed closely by the 31 and the Mirrlees 37/9.

It might be a bit too niche to be viable but I would love to see some enhancements for the 08 TBH :ugeek: ,

Cheers,
Richard
rfletcher72
Full Time Fireman

Postby BigVern » Sat May 17, 2014 10:50 am

Both ordered, just waiting for Rich to update my download list.

I would love to see Rich do a 310 (or 312) unit at some point, memories of travelling in and out of Euston in the late 70's/early 80's.
BigVern
Driver

Postby Chris89 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:38 am

BigVern wrote:Both ordered, just waiting for Rich to update my download list.

I would love to see Rich do a 310 (or 312) unit at some point, memories of travelling in and out of Euston in the late 70's/early 80's.

You will enjoy the 321 as it is great. Also since it includes the 320 and 322 makes it all the better.

Im very tempted to get some of the sound packs, since i have all the stock atm.

Chris
Chris89
Full Time Fireman

Postby BigVern » Sun May 18, 2014 8:06 am

Both downloaded and installed. I can now drive my Class 20 and not wince at the sounds albeit in headout view, shame Richard doesn't have an option to use the external sounds in cab view.

Class 321 is an add-on of excellence, same caveat about the sounds - I know the motor car is behind the driving trailer but for some electro-thrash without resorting to external view would be nice to choose audibility in the cab. Need to set up a railtour with this bad boy on WCML North or Shap.
BigVern
Driver

Postby Nobkins » Sun May 18, 2014 9:36 am

Hi Vern,

Might be one of those cases of reality not living up to expectations. With the windows down at low speed you can just about hear the 321s motors but they are very quiet. At any sort of speed (certainly more than 30mph) you can't hear any motor noise. Sitting in the PMS is completely different. There are some seats that right next to the boxed in section that comes down from the roof carrying 25Kv. Why people would want to sit there is a mystery :D I am surprised they don't all get of the train with hair standing on end!
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby rfletcher72 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:33 am

BigVern wrote:Both downloaded and installed. I can now drive my Class 20 and not wince at the sounds albeit in headout view, shame Richard doesn't have an option to use the external sounds in cab view.

Class 321 is an add-on of excellence, same caveat about the sounds - I know the motor car is behind the driving trailer but for some electro-thrash without resorting to external view would be nice to choose audibility in the cab. Need to set up a railtour with this bad boy on WCML North or Shap.

Vern,

There is a fix of sorts available to get the external sounds in cab to an extent, AP detailed it in this thread on UKTS:

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... nds+INSIDE

As for the 321, to get some extra motor whine in cab, I just open the cab window and let some fresh air in :) ,

Cheers,
Richard
rfletcher72
Full Time Fireman

Postby BigVern » Sun May 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Thanks Rich, I'll give that a try.

With regard to the electrothrash on the 321, I accept being a trailer vehicle you wouldn't hear much in the cab. However, as one of those people who does tend to look out on EMU's for "seats that right next to the boxed in section that comes down from the roof carrying 25Kv", it would be nice to exercise a little artistic licence and have the sounds on tap in the cab. I recall the EMU's produced for BVE - certainly the 310 - took this slight liberty with reality and very enjoyable too! :)

Edit:
Yep works a treat on the diesels, can now enjoy decent thrash without losing the in cab driving experience.
BigVern
Driver

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room