DTG to produce Liverpool - Manchester via Warrington Central

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

DTG to produce Liverpool - Manchester via Warrington Central

Postby jp4712 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:44 pm

http://www.engine-driver.com/article/sh ... -simulator

Very interesting! I assume that this route has been chosen over the Rainhill route because it's more interesting for freight..?

Paul
jp4712
General Shed Duties

Re: DTG to produce Liverpool - Manchester via Warrington Central

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:56 pm

jp4712 wrote:
Very interesting! I assume that this route has been chosen over the Rainhill route because it's more interesting for freight..?

That's probably more likely than what I was hoping for: thrashing Rocket, Planet and Patentees. :lol:

Chris
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:12 pm

On a more serious note, if the route were to include one of these, or for one of these to follow on afterwards, then that would be excellent:

It would certainly fill in a rolling stock gap for TPR. :)

Lots of good stuff on the way from DTG to look forward to; my wallet doesn't, though. :(

Chris
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Postby BigVern » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:08 am

Sounds interesting - I'm assuming for heritage diesel traction we would be looking at Trans-Pennine units, maybe the odd Class 110 (not an area I bashed very much in the 70's and 80's it grieves me to say).
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Postby rfletcher72 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:03 am

BigVern wrote:Sounds interesting - I'm assuming for heritage diesel traction we would be looking at Trans-Pennine units, maybe the odd Class 110 (not an area I bashed very much in the 70's and 80's it grieves me to say).

TBH Vern in the 70's and early 80's, the line was very quiet compared to what we see today, with for most an hourly stopper each way during the day. Trans Pennine express workings ran via Victoria and Chat Moss, and through freight tended to take the same route and/or go via Latchford. The line over the ship canal at Partington was still open plus there were (are) the tar sidings at Glazebrook, plus the extensive sidings to the east of Warrington Central did generate some freight workings on the central part (ie. Allerton to Trafford Park).

It was in the late 80's that the line got busier, with the direct Sheffield trains, and the later diversion of almost all the TP workings via Piccadilly.

Having said that though, still plenty of scope I feel for decent scenarios :) ,

Cheers,
Richard
rfletcher72
Full Time Fireman

Postby MungoDesigns » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:22 pm

My comments are as the same as I posted on the article.

What would interest me, is the certainties regarding the Manchester end of the route. By that, I mean, which of the stations are being modelled. The first screenshot quite clearly shows Manchester Oxford Road, however I fear that the route is going to end at Piccadilly and that's that. Ideally, I would prefer to have all Manchester station options available. Surely a better terminus would be Manchester Airport, making that a definitive end to the route.

With that, I also wonder what stock is going to be produced for the route. Are we going to see another mash up of existing Desiro vehicles and see a Class 350 being made for a route that hasn't wholly been electrified yet? OR... I some bright spark finally going to realise that with Liverpool - Manchester, Preston - Glasgow and York - Newcastle now in the sim, it might just be time to release a Class 185 amongst us... One can only hope.

Whilst my initial observations might make this route SEEM like a viable purchase, I think I for one am going to be very wary about what is included, not only due to the usual £25 price tag which is more than probable, but on the basis that I am finally getting a route based in my home City, and I would love it to be as complete, both as possible and as required in terms of track.
With thanks,

Ewan Rutledge - MungoDesignStudios

#BetterNeverStops
MungoDesigns
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby Pjt1974 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:02 am

I'm actually quite surprised they are doing the southern route. I would've thought the northern route was more logical considering they already have a Class 319 to run on it. Maybe there is a new DMU in the pipeline to go with it.
I've gone from 'fit for firing' to 'full time fireman'. Does this mean I can fire those who are 'fit for firing'?
Pjt1974
Passed Fireman

Postby rfletcher72 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:23 am

Pjt1974 wrote:I'm actually quite surprised they are doing the southern route. I would've thought the northern route was more logical considering they already have a Class 319 to run on it.

Exactly my initial thoughts and reaction Phil, though I must say I am more than pleased that they are doing the CLC line.

The line got busier in the late 80's with the diversion of the TP expresses from Chat Moss and the hourly Liverpool - Norwich trains. That is just my era so looking forward to 2 x 31's on a dated Yarmouth service :) ,

Cheers,
Richard
rfletcher72
Full Time Fireman

Postby MungoDesigns » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:19 am

Fear not folks.

We're getting another 158!

http://www.engine-driver.com/article/sh ... manchester

I really give up with this mob! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
With thanks,

Ewan Rutledge - MungoDesignStudios

#BetterNeverStops
MungoDesigns
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby DPSimulation » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:47 am

Could have sworn I just logged into UKTS.......

Although however disappointing it is, the reasons have been explained in advance and I'm more interested in the route, not what comes with it.
DPSimulation
Passed Fireman

Next

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room