Custom UK Pro 2asp feathered signals

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

Custom UK Pro 2asp feathered signals

Postby JamesLit » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi guys,

Just knocking together the final changes to one route I've been editing before I continue work on the FMR, including making that sector table. Want to finally put this one to bed.

The only problem I have with it at the moment is the custom 2asp signals I've made using the UK Pro pack. I checked out the scripts and it seems that the normal 2asp signal script includes all the normal bits for me to just be able to slap on some feathers and be away. I compared the 3asp signals with feathers to the ones without and it seemed that the same had been done with those. So, I bunged the feathers on, changed the height of them a bit to suit the shorter height of the signal head with 1 less aspect, and put them all in. Now, though, I've found that all the lights, including the feathers, are constantly lit and the signals do not function at all.

Any ideas? I'm sure it's something very simple I have missed. The only changes I have made from the bog standard 2asp signal (not auto) is the addition of the child objects for the feathers, and changing the number of track links to suit.
The Forge Simulation | Like us on Facebook!
Owner & Director | Content built with care, not compromises.
JamesLit
Driver

Re: Custom UK Pro 2asp feathered signals

Postby AndiS » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:12 am

You need extra lines in the script to turn the feathers on and off. It will be in a function called SetLights or similar. Something with

if gConnectedLink == 1 then
elseif gConnectedLink == 2 then
end

Take a look at the 3-aspect signal for inspiration and let us know how far you get in copying lines over to your version of the 2-aspect script.

You did clone the script and change the reference in the signal blueprint to the clone, didn't you?
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby JamesLit » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:50 pm

See, I checked the default script and it seems to already include everything for feathers. There are several sections that are just for route indication and such like. This is what's confusing me. They all seem to have pretty standard sections.
JamesLit
Driver

Postby AndiS » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:32 am

Not sure what you refer to by "the default script". There are a few common scripts used by all signals. In addition, the individual features are handled in a few lines that are generally found at the top of the script.

If you pick a 3-aspect signal that has exactly the fingers you need in your 2-aspect signal, and you compare the two corresponding scripts, then you will see which code blocks you need.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby JamesLit » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:52 pm

By "the default script" I mean the regular script for 2asp signals. Having checked a 3asp with feathers, it simply refers to the 3asp equivalent. This is what I'm finding rather confusing. It's only special configurations that have their own separate scripts.
JamesLit
Driver

Postby JamesLit » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:07 am

Just given up on this one and replaced them with semaphores. If anyone has an answer I'd love to hear it but I can live without. Too many other things to do. :D
JamesLit
Driver

Postby FoggyMorning » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:46 pm

Silly question perhaps; when you placed the signals in the route, did you fill in the boxes in the right hand flyout pertaining to each feather? If you leaqve these blank, everything will light up.
FoggyMorning
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby JamesLit » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:09 pm

I had indeed done that, Steve, but ALL the lights were on including the green aspect, which I have never had when the issue has only been the lack of numbers in the properties for the feathers. It doesn't matter, anyway, the guy is perfectly happy with his semaphores. :D Do appreciate your thoughts there, though, Steve. :)
JamesLit
Driver

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room