West Highland

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

Re: West Highland

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:44 pm

I finally got around to finishing the "Ride-only" scripted scenario this evening. The good news is that I found it will work after resuming the scenario from a save point, so I've done something right there. The bad news is that it didn't recognize the go-via point outside of Mallaig, which I think was mentioned in Rudolf's manual as something the scenario scripts can't handle, or it's my poor setup of the scenario. Either way, it's a bit disastrous at the end. But as long as you enjoy the journey up to that point then I suppose it's ok! :D

Richard Fletcher produced a beautiful observation car reskin recently, that meant I had no choice but to buy the 101 required, stick a passenger view in it and add it to the end of my train. The result was an absolutely fantastic virtual journey. I may have to upload the scenario here, despite the end being broken, and certainly get a video up at some point.

Chris
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Postby JasonM » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:20 pm

Sounds great Chris, well done.
JasonM
Full Time Fireman

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:17 pm

I'm uploading a video now, and expect it to have finished sometime this evening. You'll be able to see it in the TSD Showroom here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=131&start=10#p3841

Chris
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Previous

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room