South London Network

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

South London Network

Postby BigVern » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:19 am

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... &sk=t&sd=a

Personally I think this could be quite interesting, being a fan of the old MT "LSE" add on for MSTS. It's probably going to have a more contemporary setting and not be quite on the same scale, but I raise a toast to those who have the patience to put together an urban network style route to entertain us! :) :D
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Re: South London Network

Postby AndyM77 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Shamelessly nicked from the other place
Merlin75 wrote:
Here's a quote from Martin from DTG that gives some information about where the route covers.

I am seeing a lot of comments about what the route will include. Here is the highlights:

The main line from Victoria to East Croydon forms the western boundary, while the line from London Bridge south to West Croydon crosses at Selhurst and forms the eastern boundary. Both lines join at Selhurst into he Brighton Main Line. Two roughly concentric semi-circles link the two lines further into the city, the 9-mile inner circle (via Denmark Hill) and 16-mile outer circle (via Crystal Palace).

We will have more information coming soon.

- Martin

So, in theory we could have some multi-part scenarios with this and the London - Brighton route. I must admit my main area of route knowledge as a passenger / hobbyist is of NSE rails (Waterloo down towards the south west) and Clapham down to Brighton, so whether or not there are even more possibilities with this route I'm not exactly sure on until the 'more information' comes.

It also looks like a Class 456 will be included / coming soon - so will be useful on London - Brighton as well :)
AndyM77
Fit for Firing Duties

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room