DTG release UE4 game 'Dovetail Games Fishing'

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

DTG release UE4 game 'Dovetail Games Fishing'

Postby AndyM77 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:45 pm

So, this isn't strictly Railsimulator (obviously). But on the rare occasion that I look at the Early Access section on Steam I've noticed that 'Dovetail Games Fishing' has just popped up: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314520/

Whilst not of major importance at now, especially since the game is Alpha (and totally unfinished) it'll be very interesting to see (a) how well Dovetail get a handle on the Unread Engine 4, in regards to both the look and performance of the game. (b) I'm also wondering how much of the Alpha feedback they'll take onboard given that the feeling from a majority of complainers on Steam / UKTS / etc.. that DTG don't listen to the users or ignore bug reports judging by the amount of scenarios that still have problems to this day. For example there is a Class 66 scenario from Paddington that got 'broken' in TS2012 and emails were sent to Railsimulator.com (as they were known) about the issue with a reply saying that it's on the bug database, and here we are TS2015 and it's still not corrected. Mind you that pack is no longer for sale, but this was just an example ;)

Anyhow, it's a product to keep an eye on and of course if you like fishing then it'll probably appeal. Personally hoping that a lot will be learnt in regards to the UE4 side of things and will translate into a better 'next gen' Train Simulator when it's ready, with hopefully Linux / SteamOS support as an added bonus :twisted:
AndyM77
Fit for Firing Duties

Re: DTG release UE4 game 'Dovetail Games Fishing'

Postby Dave Fennessy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Fishing doesn't interest me at all. I am a level 600 fisher on World of Warcraft but that was so I could make certain meals with buffs :) When I first heard about it I shrugged my shoulders with such an uplift that I needed to apply ointment afterwards. It will amuse me to see various fish DLC though, Huss at 99p? Trains and fishing.... I bet it's all late night parties at Dovetail.
Quietly beavering away on two routes
Dave Fennessy
Full Time Fireman

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room