Can't Accelerate Using the 'A' Key

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

Can't Accelerate Using the 'A' Key

Postby Pauls » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi,

I can't drive the Railworks BR DMU using simple controls and the simple HUD. I used to just use the simple HUD and the A to accelerate, B to brake and S to change direction. Anyway these keys don't do anything now. Also there are no accelerator or brake controls showing on the more complex HUD at the bottom of the screen.

I'm more of a designer than a driver so don't have much knowledge about this apsect of the simulator. Can anyone suggest how I might fix the problem ? It's only recently that this locomotive wouldn't respond.

Thanks.

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Re: Can't Accelerate Using the 'A' Key

Postby BigVern » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:09 pm

Might be granny and eggs time, but have you tested it's not the keyboard at fault?

I was having issues with my main PC keyboard the other week, randomly not working when starting the PC. I was blaming MS, Win10, N3V, Bethesda, just about anyone else. So I went out, bought a new KB and - behold now works perfectly, the old one was obviously knackered and not talking to the o/s every time.
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Postby Pauls » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:44 pm

Hi,

I checked the keyboard function and it is ok. I then thought it might be a good idea to add another locomotive type and that worked ok - I suppose I should now add another DMU and see if that has the same problem?

Thanks.

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Postby Pauls » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:29 pm

Hi,

I've checked the DMU in another scenario on the WSR and everything works properly. The DMU just won't work on the CFR ! - I've tried deleting it and re-loading without any luck.

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room