Railway to heaven, apparently...

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

Railway to heaven, apparently...

Postby JamesLit » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi all,

So I am having an issue with the BR 52 that I have never encountered before with anything - the loco decides it wants to sit facing upwards in the depths of hell, rather than on the rails. If I move it along the track, it stays in the same place but its orientation changes.

I have been using the ChrisTrains stuff for couplings and pivot points etc which has all worked gorgeously for wagons and so forth thus far. I have triple checked all the data, and addressed the incorrect orientation (back to front) of the loco in Max, ensured all the axle entries etc within the bogie files are correct, and so forth - but it just isn't forthcoming.....

A video prior to the addressing of the orientation: http://www.youtube.com/v/TRsTyqbsPeQ

Anyone any ideas?

Still trying out a few things, but being driven mad.
The Forge Simulation | Like us on Facebook!
Owner & Director | Content built with care, not compromises.
JamesLit
Driver

Re: Railway to heaven, apparently...

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:21 pm

How is the pony truck set up, James? If it isn't already, then despite the prototype and model only having one axle on the pony truck, when you set up the bogie blueprints for it you must add a second "invisible" axle somewhere (just behind or even on the pivot should work). If there is just a single axle in the bogie blueprint then I suspect TS is throwing a massive wobbly over it, with the toys well and truly out of the pram and all over the floor. :)

If the pony truck's bogie blueprint does already have 2 axles or adding another axle hasn't fixed it, we'll have to look elsewhere, although given that the loco sits horizontal above the ground and only goes to cack when placed on the track, I'm fairly sure it's a bogie blueprint/engine blueprint interaction or setup issue.

Kind regards,
Chris
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Re: Railway to heaven, apparently...

Postby JamesLit » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:20 pm

cjbarnes5294 wrote:How is the pony truck set up, James? If it isn't already, then despite the prototype and model only having one axle on the pony truck, when you set up the bogie blueprints for it you must add a second "invisible" axle somewhere (just behind or even on the pivot should work). If there is just a single axle in the bogie blueprint then I suspect TS is throwing a massive wobbly over it, with the toys well and truly out of the pram and all over the floor. :)

If the pony truck's bogie blueprint does already have 2 axles or adding another axle hasn't fixed it, we'll have to look elsewhere, although given that the loco sits horizontal above the ground and only goes to cack when placed on the track, I'm fairly sure it's a bogie blueprint/engine blueprint interaction or setup issue.

Kind regards,
Chris

Thanks for your help, Chris - I'd love to be able to tell you it was fixed, but it still behaves similarly except that it seems I can't even find where the loco is, now!
The Forge Simulation | Like us on Facebook!
Owner & Director | Content built with care, not compromises.
JamesLit
Driver

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room