Google API key error

Discuss anything related to Train Simulator from DoveTail that does not fit in one of the more specific categories.

Google API key error

Postby RobertM » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:16 pm

For some reason, my in game maps have stopped working, through a process of elimination I came to the API key which seemed to of wiped itself, so I made a new key and entered into TS, but my maps wont work. I have noticed on the API dashboard an 'error' graph, but tells me nothing. Anyone here have any idea/clue whats happened?

Robert
RobertM
Full Time Fireman

Re: Google API key error

Postby VictoryWorks » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:10 am

VictoryWorks
Driver

Postby RobertM » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:39 pm

Dont think so, its seems like its not a widespread problem and is just me for some reason.

I posted over at UKTS and the only advice so far has been to get a new key, which I have and still nothing! Any one got any more technical ideas?
RobertM
Full Time Fireman

Postby newbouy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:56 am

I don't know if you already know but to use the Google maps overlay api in the editor now you have to have a google account and you have to enable "Billing" in your account.This requires you to use your credit card as proof of your identity.If your map downloads exceed a fixed monthly quota you can be charged a fee but it is almost impossible to exceed during normal route building.
newbouy
Full Time Fireman

Return to Train Simulator Mess Room