Some Success

Discuss anything that does not fit in a more specific MSTS category.

Some Success

Postby BigVern » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:19 pm

Just to report I seem to have finally breathed a bit of fire back into the MSTS editing process, on the third attempt.

Have succeeded in getting the editor to run reasonably stable to allow me to lay @ 13 miles of track on a short test project, though as we all know that was always the easy bit. The key seems to have been leaving things as vanilla as possible, i.e. at this stage not installing X-Tracks, Scalerail or any other custom track sections that inflate the t-section. The only thing I haven't yet sorted is keeping the RE window re-sized as despite changing permissions in the registry and amending the relevant entries the changes are still not saving. It's only a few seconds work each time though.

Will report more in a couple of weeks if things are still going well and maybe some screenshots of the WIP.
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Re: Some Success

Postby BigVern » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Nope, it's gone again. As soon as I installed XTracks and NewRoads the RE became increasingly unstable.

Besides which, compared to the editing strengths of Trainz and TS201x, the only thing MSTS really has going for it is the terrtex system. Have uninstalled again - may revisit in the New Year but to be honest with so much to do in the more contemporary sims that may be only a slim chance. It's 14 year old code (next year) and time to lay it to rest (IMHO).
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Return to MSTS Mess Room