Just Purchased?

Everything to do with Elite Dangerous the latest in the genera defining series of space games.

Just Purchased?

Postby BigVern » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:58 pm

At £5.00 in the current Steam sale, plus £9.99 for the Horizons season pass couldn't really put it off any longer.

First impressions - not bad, though I'm still firmly of the view that Braben & Co. should have included a proper SP mode rather than Solo Play in the evolving universe. Would also have avoided the need for the potentially very annoying "Rebuy" system if your ship gets blown up or otherwise destroyed. Why on any earth could it not just default back to your last location you took off from. Anyhow not an issue yet as still plodding around in the default Sidey, doing courier missions until I have enough for a Cobra and can jump to Imperial or Alliance space.
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Re: Just Purchased?

Postby Nobkins » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Maybe I'll see you in the Universe some time Vern. I work for the "Iridium Wing" faction. Our home system is Ki if you're ever in the area :D
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Re: Just Purchased?

Postby BigVern » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:12 am

I will check it out at a later stage Jim. Currently "grinding" the start systems so I can get my Cobra before venturing further afield. Starting to pay off now particularly if you get several to the same system/location and you can stack 'em! Sometimes you get a time bonus which adds an insane 8x multiplier to the reward so I'm already sitting on 500k plus the value of upgrades to the Sidie. Figure I need about 5mill before getting the Cobra, to cover purchase price, decent equipment and the rebuy element.
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Return to Elite Dangerous