T:ANE Pre-order Now Available

T:ANE Pre-order Now Available

Postby BigVern » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:30 am

While we debate the future of Railworks in the other thread, N3V have fired their salvo and opened up pre-orders for their next version of Trainz, aka T:ANE.

Follow the link from their front page: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/index.php

Including shipping to the UK, current price via Paypal in GBP works out at £31.18 for the standard boxed edition. If you are content with the Download version, take off around £8 for shipping. Although pre-ordering so early met some resistance from SWMBO (she threatened to unplug the computer!) ordering with Paypal or a credit card presumably provides protection against N3V going belly up between now and December.
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Re: T:ANE Pre-order Now Available

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, I read through the preorder page to remind myself about what T2 does that's new. I won't be preordering (as a general rule of thumb, I don't do preorders), but I'll wait and watch when it's released.

Chris
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Postby BigVern » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:05 pm

I eventually placated SWMBO by ordering Kindergarten Cop on Bluray :? and agreeing to sit and watch it with her... :roll:
BigVern
Driver

Postby BigVern » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:50 pm

Further to my OP, some revelations this morning urge me to suggest anyone proposing to pre-order proceeds with caution:

Firstly, it appears N3V are selling the game in three distinct versions - Standard, Collectors and Deluxe versions. Seems only the Deluxe version gets all the new routes and content and this is of course much more expensive than the Standard version which I ordered. The Standard edition only includes four routes though I remain convinced when I placed the order all of the routes were listed. Apart from potentially misleading sales information, this is a very poor move by N3V as it means anyone with just the Standard edition will not be able to run a route created by someone with the Deluxe version if it references assets only found in the latter. We are back to the Trainz Classics debacle again.

Secondly, the Planet Auran account page does not contain any button or other visible means of cancelling a pre-order. Personally I would have thought this to be against any reasonable trading standard or law, regardless of territory - it's bad enough they are taking money five months ahead but even worse there is no easy way of getting it back if you decide to cancel.

So tread carefully, my friends.
BigVern
Driver

Postby styckx » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:53 am

Decided to swing this over here as to not make the TS2015 thread all about Trainz

BigVern wrote:
styckx wrote:This is why I've yet to pre-order. I have my fingers crossed but they've provided little to no information about what to expect except that concept art of what they were aiming for.

TBH even if it does slip by a month or two, will be worth the wait.

Plus I don't think the KS funding was their only source of investment, there seems to have been work going on behind the scenes before the big announcement in the early summer.

I never thought the KS funding was. Just being smart with my money. You know I like Trainz. Was one of the few Trainsim guys who gave it a legit shot. The only reason I'm not still using it is the dreaded performance with the way it handled tiles in Trainz 12 and then the way they handled the patching of it that did more harm than good. I know I could have resorted to Trainz 10 which performed acceptably but I don't like going back in versions. Especially with Trainz and the way dependencies work. I loved the concept of it and the way it played out.. There was actually stuff to do except lugging freight from point A-B and looking at scenery and posting screenshots. :lol: I loved the gameplay and that's what won me over. I'd love to be playing right now but.. The tiles disappearing and reloading every time you spun the camera drove my OCD nuts. :lol:

But. I have super limited funds at the moment and the fact they aren't providing any information about this new one is keeping my wallet closed. Just a little would go a long way.
styckx
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby BigVern » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 pm

I did consider upgrading to the Deluxe version but like you Bill I want to see some meat on the bones before parting with any (more) money. That plus the N3V e-commerce site is still as basic as DTG's UI is over complicated, with no means to cancel and re-order or change an existing order.

TS12 is still pretty good, albeit I've settled on 49922 rather than patching again to the latest version and spent an hour or so this morning working on a route - doing all the things with terrain texturing you can't do in TS2015 (unless they changed it).
BigVern
Driver

Postby BigVern » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:48 pm

An indication from Tony Hilliam here (Page 60 of the thread if the link doesn't work correctly) http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthre ... ere/page60 that all may not be quite well with development, certainly timescales. Unfortunately the thread has since got sidetracked by some RW bashing but it will be interesting to see exactly what the announcement is, when it materialises.

Personally I would much rather they take another month or two to finish the job properly, than issue a botched effort with numerous bugs or missing features, that requires endless patching to sort out.
BigVern
Driver

Postby hertsbob » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:34 pm

BigVern wrote:...issue a botched effort with numerous bugs or missing features, that requires endless patching to sort out.

I guess that will probably depend on the view you take as to what constitutes the above... :)
hertsbob
Passed Fireman

Postby BigVern » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:56 am

I guess that will probably depend on the view you take as to what constitutes the above

TS12 with two patches, a "SP1" then several hotfixes...! :roll:
BigVern
Driver

Postby BigVern » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:54 pm

Well it looks as if T:ANE is now delayed until 2015, apart from a "Community" download edition...

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/content. ... ty-Edition

Let's hope a delay is all it amounts to and nothing more serious lies behind the announcement.
BigVern
Driver

Next

Return to Trainz Mess Room