Help For RW Decal

For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one.

Help For RW Decal

Postby Central rail » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Following Google Earth 6.1 and earlier being retired I'm looking for coders to help get RW Decal working with the newer versions of Google Earth so that those including myself who use it can continue to do so. The code is freely available here https://github.com/simdeveloper/RWDecal and the program must remain free also.
Central rail
Engine Cleaner

Re: Help For RW Decal

Postby Central rail » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:25 pm

It's seems my hunt for someone to look at the code and fix it may have been dead before it began so unless someone can come forward in the next week the project to get RW decal running again is done in my view as most if not all other avenues have already been looked into
Central rail
Engine Cleaner

Postby Pauls » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:08 pm

Let’s hope there is a solution - many of us still want to lay OS 1/2500 map decals with RWdecal

Good luck.

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Postby AndiS » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:19 pm

But for OS, you would not go via Google Earth, would you?

I assumed screenshots from old-maps were the state of art, plus something you described long before RWdecal, where you used the BW image inverted as its own alpha so you got blue(?) lines with transparency in between.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby Pauls » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:48 pm

AndiS wrote:But for OS, you would not go via Google Earth, would you?

I assumed screenshots from old-maps were the state of art, plus something you described long before RWdecal, where you used the BW image inverted as its own alpha so you got blue(?) lines with transparency in between.

Hi Andi,

A long time since we’ve had a chat on technical matters.

I eventually decided the best way of applying OS maps was to lay them in GE then use RW Decal to export them to Railsimulator - I also used the alpha channel to control the decal in GE - this was all a relatively quick process with RW Decal - at the moment I can only use the standard GE image in Railsimulator and can’t see an easy way of doing the OS Maps other than to place manually individually made decals ?

I hope you have ideas about how we may achieve a better and easier solution ?

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Postby AndiS » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi Paul, it's not about ideas, those are plenty. It's about time, hacking time, debugging time, cursing-at-stuff time. Doing it by day means it's unhealthy to do it by night, too. Or on the weekend. Too much lays around unfinished, It's a real shame.

Regarding RW route building, I sit on the fence and hope to find out whether TSW will be the new thing or not, any time in 2019 that they manage to release full access tools. But it is easy for me to wait, I have not even installed UE4 to see how urgently I need a new graphics card.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby Pauls » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi Andy,

I’ve been playing around with UE4 - very powerful and at its basic levels easy to use.

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Postby Central rail » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:36 pm

Having received no such undertaking for the work required to get RW decal working with new versions of GE consequently i believe it's time to end the project which is a shame for both me and all those who were still using it
Central rail
Engine Cleaner

Return to General Chat