Introduce Yourself!

For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one.

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby brysonman46 » Wed May 18, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi Jack

In case you missed it, I replied to your post on Tom's Northern Line thread
http://www.trainsimdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=367&start=90. As I said, I am working on a steam age (up to 1965) route project that includes all the lines in the Fylde, and will eventually take in most of north Lancashire. It is taking some time, as I need to redo the signals completely, but will get there in the end!

regards

Nick
brysonman46
Passed Fireman

Postby Wolf » Mon May 30, 2016 10:43 pm

Well I think I forgot to introduce myself, very forgetful of me not intended to be impolite.

So who am I?

Well, I'm Wolf also known as Lupus or Waldwolf650, real name being Johannes Gebhard.

I'm part of James's team and coordinate between him and the german members of the team.

Aside from that, I'm now 30, and a student of history, after going through a long sickness and evening school to get my Abitur to study.
I originally come from the military flight sim community, started flightsims in 1998 with a few pauses I have been in it for that time.
Originally my interest was mostly modern fighters, my first plane was the F-16, which thought me a few bad habits, for years I didn't know how to trim for example.
Later played a lot with the A-10, F-14 and other fighters, followed by quite some time playing IL-2, where my favorite planes where the 109, the spit, the Hurricane, the Gladiator and the P-38.
Flew a few others and got good with them, like the P-39 and even the FW-190.

Back in 2013 I got Railworks/TS 2013 as a Christmas gift from a friend, a loco driver, who was big into train sims.
I guess he somewhat regretted that since, given that I even got more into it than him, played somewhere in the region of 1400-1500 hours since.
Having a real life loco driver as a freind really helped when trying to learn the german signalling, as I could just ask a lot of dumb questions! ;)

But that isn't where my love for the Railways started, I was born in 1986, a year after the 175 years Aniversary of German Railways.
So during my childhood, a lot of the restored kettles were around, and my father took me on quite a few excurstions.
We also shared our love of scale railroading, originally on my fathers set, but I got a few pieces and track of my own over the years.
Namely an E10 of the first three series, a "Kastenzehner" roughly translated Boxcab ten or boxy ten, an old metalbased model, a newer plastic Br 64, and a few wagons, including a 1920's coach converted from Roco.
I also kept some of his older locos, like his much coveted 01 from the sixties and the V200 from the same era.
Those old metal models might not have been as precise as today but they are something.

There is another story that my mum still likes to tell, about me being admitted as two and a half year old into the study cabinet section at our city's library.
That was a section where only people over 14 were allowed for studying, where you had to be quiet, so that everybody could study.
So you could imagine the librarian's horror at a mother coming in with her two and a half year old kid came in.
We had run out of railway books in the children's section, and I wanted books with more in depth information.
She tried to shoo us out, but when I pointed out the Adler/Eagle, the first german steam locomotive out to her in a book, and kept quite for the rest of the time, I was allowed to stay and was never challenged again.
That's what my mum tells me, I can't even remember that incident anymore.
Wolf
General Shed Duties

Postby Mundo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:30 pm

Hello

Thank you Jim for the invite.

Some of you may remember me from UKTS and others, hello again.
I'm the creator of a random collection of assets (RS/RW/TS2xxx), that I'm pleased to see are still being used.
I also had a bad habit of starting routes that never got finished. This is still true today!
I guess 3D modelling is my strength (3DSMax) with enough Photoshop to get by.

I've kept my hand in with TS on an on and off basis. And this site popped up fairly frequently whilst Googling for changes and new techniques.
Two comments regarding certain track properties (The only ones I can find on anywhere on the net) inspired me to come back into the fray.

I hope I can add something to the site (I'll try and refrain from creating route threads).

Cheers

Mundo
Mundo
General Shed Duties

Postby 1vor-russell » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:05 am

Hi
Looking at some of the introduction, it would appear I should be referred to as the 'old fart' . I'm Les (Les) or Ivor when it comes to Train.
Like many kids of my era 00 model layouts were a way of creating your own little world. When I retired I volunteered on the Bluebell line, when not doing that, spent the milder weather constructing my layout, and in the winter and evenings would play with MSTS, it was easy to use and create consists, whistle sounds, traffic animation, carriage views etc, but I couldnh't create my own route. My favourite route was the Steyning branch line and I always preferred to drive steam Locos, though I usually ran out of steam. The diesel were too noisey for me.
Anyway, my son brought Railworks TS, at first I wasn't that impressed, especially as it took ages to download from the Steam site, as the CD virtually had nothing of the game on it. I continued using the MSTS until they ceased develoing it, though it was well supported on UKTS.
I had a break from volunteering (Feb 2014 to Oct 2014) and found an extremely good set of tutorial videos on the Steam site by SpacialKatana and I was hooked.Bluebell was the obvious route for me to create and as I had more time on my hands was determined to have a go, at least there was no health or safety to worry about. Had a lot of trouble forming points (turnouts) until I found the terrain had to be flat and level, disgarded several of my first attempts. Anyway to cut a long story short, I rejoined the Bluebell volunteers October 2014 as a track walker, which was ideal for identifying mileposts etc. on Google earth. I was able to publish my first effort March 2015, which included WestHoathy.(I removed WH and published again).
I decided to extend the line to Ardingly and on to Haywards Heath. I almost completed this extension when due to the lack of suitable buildings, realised I needed to get to grips with a cad type program, the first one I choice wasn't supported by Steam, then I found this site and Blender. Thanks and many thanks to Terrier060 and Nobkins tutorials I managed to create my first name-board and saw the potential to create buildings and structures from my photos take on site. I attempted to publish the results of my labours on Steam but my assets were rejected, so here I am.

Thanks Jim
:lol:
Ivor
1vor-russell
General Shed Duties

Postby Trainmadjay » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:01 pm

Hi all,
First off I would like to say thankyou for allowing me to join Trainsimdev.

My user name suits my hobby and yes I'm trainmad..!
My real name is Jay and have had an interest in railways since I was 4 years old and the hobby has followed me through the years and is something I really do enjoy

I am a keen player of Train Simulator ever since it began as Railsimulator and prior to that good old msts.
I do spend quite a lot of time on TS and I also do a bit of beta testing for a few people which keeps the old grey matter active..
Although I play/drive TS I haven't yet got my head around reskinning or scenario creating although it's always been on my mind to bite the bullet so to speak and
give scenario creation a go.I did a simple scenario on the WSR members route sometime ago but never carried on..

Anyway without boring you all I'll leave it at that for now.

Thankyou again for allowing me to join Trainsimdev..

Jay
Trainmadjay
Engine Cleaner

Postby mtraves » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:14 am

Hi, I'm Mike and though I'm English I've lived in Canada near Vancouver for over 50 years.

I played MSTS when it first came out but quickly took and interest in creating content and contributed a very large number of Southern emu's to UKTS under the name of Meonia.

Then RW came out and very quickly I found I enjoyed route development. After a few non-starts I helped complete Jetgriffs South Devon Banks before starting a project with the aid of two friends called "Glorious Devon", various versions for download on DPSimulations. A number of members of Trainsimdev already know me from the ukts forums. A new GD team member has invited me to Trainsimdev and I'm glad to accept. Thank you.

Mike.
mtraves
Engine Cleaner

Postby Hamza_97 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:44 am

Hello Everybody... :)
Pardon the bump, but as this is my first post I do like to introduce myself. I am from India and interested in train simming, content creation actually... :D Obviously I am interested in Indian Railways. Most of Indian train simmers are mostly with MSTS and many content creators provided various types of addons like rolling stock, routes from India. Unfortunately, most of them either stopped making content or moved to other sim which meant most of the content, if not all is dated by today`s standards. So with this I am making Indian content for OpenRails as a view to bring the content up to recent standards. Currently working on an AC-DC electric locomotive known as WCAM-2P, there are couple of other projects too in the pipeline... :)

Some pics of the WIP WCAM-2P locomotive

Lastly, its an honor to join trainsimdev, before joining I had gone through various posts, especially the showroom section, phenomenal modeling there from everybody..... :o :shock:
Hamza_97
Engine Cleaner

Postby DanEvans » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:07 pm

Hi I'm Dan,
New to TrainSim, but have modelled classic London buses for Omsi2, with the 1970s DMS released. Now aiming to further relive my childhood by modelling the original SR Bulleid design EPB (classes 415,416) to go with Dovetail's existing BR-design EPB.
DanEvans
Engine Cleaner

Previous

Return to General Chat