Uktrainsm forum unsafe?

For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one.

Uktrainsm forum unsafe?

Postby Class1987 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:17 pm

Hi everyone has anybody been having the issue as me trying to get onto the forum on uktrainsm? I getting this message "this site maybe unsafe" if anyone wants a screenshot let me know and I'll post one cheers, Ian.
Class1987
Full Time Fireman

Re: Uktrainsm forum unsafe?

Postby AndiS » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:56 pm

In short, don't worry in this case.

A while ago, browser producers decided to amp up the warning that you get when a site does not have a valid certificate because users tended to ignore them before.

Certificates expire and most people nowadays have automated the process to renew them every few months or so. No idea why Matt has not found time to do it. I never maintained such a site so I cannot say how much fuzz it is.

As long as you do not use the same password on different sites and as long as you are sure you know the difference between a hobby forum and a banking site, you are on the safe side. But depending on your browser, it can be an annoyance.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Re: Uktrainsm forum unsafe?

Postby SteveP_trains » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:26 pm

You can usually bypass this warning by looking at the "details" of the warning and it allows an option to allow you to continue to the site.
At your own risk, of course but I have done it with no problem over these past few days.

Steve
SteveP_trains
Full Time Fireman

Return to General Chat