Sim Racing (driving games). Anyone interested / active?

For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one.

Sim Racing (driving games). Anyone interested / active?

Postby Nobkins » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi everyone,
recently got myself a steering wheel for the computer and was looking for some multiplayer driving fun. The only game I have is Game Stock car extreme. I got this after backing their recent campaign for further development of the game and you get a copy of their current version and beta access to the new version for only a little more than buying the current game.

Does anybody else on here do racing sims? Can;t seem to find a good / active league for game stock car extreme in the UK that does require you to be a premium (paid) member before you can race on their servers. The cost is not a lot but wanted to try before I buy as it were.

The game is awesome by the way and the G27 with force feedback is a real please to use. Many many years ago before multiplayer was possible I competed in a league where you sent of your results from playing single player and then found out how you did compared to everyone else doing the same. Compared to that this is incredible!

Jim
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Re: Sim Racing (driving games). Anyone interested / active?

Postby JamesLit » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:52 pm

Closest I get at the moment is SpinTires I'm afraid!

I've got Assetto Corsa and would like to get back into that though. To be honest, Game Stock Car Extreme doesn't look too appealing for me, not quite my scene.

There's got to be something we all play! :P
The Forge Simulation | Like us on Facebook!
Owner & Director | Content built with care, not compromises.
JamesLit
Driver

Postby Nobkins » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:15 pm

V8 Suppercharged Saloon car.... power slides a plenty ... what's not to like!

It is a very good game. Physics are very good and good amount of Mods as it is based on the rFactor engine.

Open to other games though. I don't have AC though. I'm considering getting rFactor 2.
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby Nobkins » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:37 pm

Just found out that Reiza (makers of game stock car extreme) have extended their crowd funding. You can pick up a cipy of the current game + dev forum access all for a small amount more than just buying the game on steam:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/reiz ... 220#/story
That is Level 3 backer.

The extension to the crowd funding time limit (already fully funded to 124%) is limited currently unknown how long for. I recommend it!

A good deal I think considering you are also backing the development of the new game.

A really good game and I have found an excellent YouTuber called EmptyBox who has given lots of good info on the game:

Some handy links:
http://www.youtube.com/v/IQcThGjsT4o

http://www.youtube.com/v/b68LhOEJdhU

http://www.youtube.com/v/zWNxEpj2pJo
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby BigVern » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:56 am

Only really into rally games, though I dabbled with Test Drive Unlimited 1/2. Was doing a bit in Dirt Rally early access but it's kind of gone off the boil for me at present, only so many times you can finish sixth on the same few courses and not get a bit fed up. Will revisit when it comes along a bit more.

And having belatedly got GTA V as a birthday present a couple of weeks ago, that is currently occupying most of my non train sim computer time. Truly awesome, runs well and looks great even with graphics turned down. There's even a nicely detailed heavy rail network where you can jump on a freight train and ride round sightseeing, or a mini-Metro type system in Los Santos itself (not driveable without mods though). And having unlocked Trevor, having a total blast with his character and missions (anyone who's played V will know what I mean!).
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Postby almark » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:52 pm

I've got a G27 and use it with Iracing,really enjoyable,active on there a lot,great league systems and it puts you with people of your own skill level. The only real issue is it can get a bit expensive (like TS!) but I do find it to be the best racing sim at the moment.

http://www.iracing.com is the website.

If you use either Rfactor or Rfactor 2 then Race2play.com is a great website for league races. I think R2P also offer league races on GameStockCar

I'd still pick Iracing right now though,it's really going places,I simply love GT Racing and want to make it to an elite level in the future:

Loads of vids so just plucked one from nowhere,team racing on Iracing now takes on official 24 hour races,like my favourite,the 24 Hours Of Spa,which I'd recommend anyone a visit to,having been twice it's simply amazing

http://www.youtube.com/v/9SWAePZKwzI

Cheers,
Mark
almark
Full Time Fireman

Postby callum112233 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:10 pm

Not tried iRacing but it does look good. Quite odd for a car game to be paid on a monthly subscription though.

I like Project Cars. You get plenty cars and tracks for the price you pay.

callum112233
Full Time Fireman

Postby almark » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:45 pm

Can't agree more for what you get with project cars,the issues for me with that game are numerous though,the AI been the biggest,but also the utter idiots that race online ramming into turn 1.... the great thing about Iracing is that they do huge (clean) grids in some races,such as yesterday when I took part in a 3 hour GT3 race at Silverstone with 37 other cars (some were teams with multiple drivers that actually did a stint each during the race!).

Whilst Project Cars looks the part,it's just not lived up to expectations for me,but then I get bored by offline play these days very easily,nothing beats going three abreast with other "real" people,not knowing who'll blink first!
almark
Full Time Fireman

Postby callum112233 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:15 pm

I agree with the multiplayer in Project Cars. You do get a lot of violent drivers. Then again, you can sometimes get a race with serious players. I will most probably have a bash in iRacing one of these days though.

A 3 hour race. I haven't got the staying power for that I don't think. I would crash and give up :lol:
callum112233
Full Time Fireman

Postby almark » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:51 am

callum112233 wrote:I agree with the multiplayer in Project Cars. You do get a lot of violent drivers. Then again, you can sometimes get a race with serious players. I will most probably have a bash in iRacing one of these days though.

A 3 hour race. I haven't got the staying power for that I don't think. I would crash and give up :lol:

Yeah,it's amazing if you finish,not so if like me you spin off after 65 laps,spend 8 minutes getting repairs and then come out in last...still managed to finish 22 thanks to retirements :)
almark
Full Time Fireman

Next

Return to General Chat