OHLE lofts

For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one.

OHLE lofts

Postby brysonman46 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:39 pm

I am starting to get to grips with OHLE. The various tools to produce gantries, catenary and return wires for single, double and multiple tracks are reasonable easy to use, though I sometimes have a problem when ending a run, as the last post required is not always achieved (and sometimes I get catenary wire shooting to the side!). What I need advice on is the laying of extra catenary and return wire when there are junctions and crossovers. I can set up a loft offset from the track and use, for example, Loft\Miscellaneous\LM cantenary contact wire (and/or return wire) - not my spelling!. When I do it I get the red rectangles at each end of the loft, with the yellow rectangle enclosing it, which turns red when you select, but no actual wire. What am I doing wrong?
brysonman46
Passed Fireman

Re: OHLE lofts

Postby Nobkins » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:48 pm

I have all my old OHE blender models and blueprints. Can't remember how I got it all to work but might be a starting point for you. Would that be any use?

Here is a video showing you how far I got before I stopped working on train sim stuff in general :D

http://www.youtube.com/v/mMDyT0TYp_g
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby brysonman46 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:11 pm

Hi Jim, thanks for the offer, but I was not really intending creating them myself. I just wanted to use the existing ones which do not seem to want to play ball. I can lay sections using the Post Tools (single, double, multiple) but cannot achieve anything when trying to lay single lengths of catenary or return wires between existing posts (for example at crossovers or junctions). I can identify the bin and Xsec files in the relevant subfolders, but hesitate to attempt to modify them, as users of the route would not have the mods themselves.

Frustrated of Larbert

Ahh - just watched the video to the end (stopped half way first time). I think that I have been trying to create the lofts incorrectly - will try again.
brysonman46
Passed Fireman

Postby Nobkins » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:15 pm

Ahh sorry I misunderstood. I should have read your original message more carefully. hopefully the video has helped anyway :D
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby brysonman46 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:41 pm

Hi Jim - sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, all sorted now, and the videos helped! Managing to do some fairly complicated stuff in sidings, etc!
brysonman46
Passed Fireman

Return to General Chat