Signal Aspect

For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one.

Re: Signal Aspect

Postby sumitsingh » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 am

The Indian railways I would imagine is based on UK practice.

Yes
UKTS_34945_FPSignals_1.0.1
UKTS_34955_FPSignals_Update_to_1.0.3
UKTS_36304_FPSignals_Update_to_1.0.12

Once I am free from rolling stock, next job is to design signal system.

The main reason was the aspect in real life vs aspect in game.
In case of a train scheduled to stop at some location, aspect is always red unless station controller sets it to Green.
But in game it is always Green.
sumitsingh
Full Time Fireman

Postby Auscgu » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:06 am

Sumitsingh sounds like some research is required as to how the system works
Do you know if its a power box system which is more like semaphore but colour lights
Or is it a more automated system which is auto with press to start
Does the train driver have to call clear or is the signal system released by a signal man in a remote box?
Tv screens and full panel signal control
Most automated systems are route confirmation rather than direct control

Once you know how the system works
AndiS is worth running by the concept as this is his signal scripts and he has a very good working knowledge
I am sure he could give you some up front thoughts on the best approach and how close the scripts could duplicate the Indian system

Cheers Ausc
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

Postby AndiS » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:47 am

My quite predictable position & advice is this:

My scripts are for UK signals. They can be used for signals in other countries only if the signals there work exactly the same.

I ditched all my international scripting project because AI is hard-coded to come to a near stop at a series of signals in approach to an occupied block. That means that AI looks totally stupid unless signals are distributed like they at semaphore-signalled UK routes with 2 or rather 3 stop signals per block (home, starter and often another one). It will still look curious in many cases but once you switch to colour light signals or to a country where Rule 39 is not know, all is lost.

If you use my scripts, you can place a Movement Predictor (see manual for details) at each and every stop to delay the clearing of the starter. I do not say that this is great, but it is an option.

You can write your own scripts if you are really good at programming. You will start from the Kuju scripts that are freely available, like all the others who did it in the past.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby sumitsingh » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:10 pm

sounds like some research is required as to how the system works

Yes, I agree. Although everyday I learn a new thing and tries to implement it. I am just a beginner. :roll:
In India some section have fully automatic signaling system, while some have controlled.
The auto Signals are controlled by some mechanism may be I don't know but they have some equipments installed on the tracks.
Kindly see the attachments.
Track Circuit General.jpg

Track Circuit Occupied.jpg
sumitsingh
Full Time Fireman

Postby sumitsingh » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:14 pm

My scripts are for UK signals.

Britishers brought Railways to India.
Our Signal system includes -
a. Semaphore Signal - some section have upper quadrant and some have lower.
b. Color Light Signals - Both Controlled and Automatic.

The idea about making signals is to make basic signals first, as I am not that perfect like all other human who can make 100% perfect signaling to simulator. :mrgreen:
You can write your own scripts if you are really good at programming. You will start from the Kuju scripts that are freely available, like all the others who did it in the past.

Initial plans are to use them, as I am no programmer, although I wish to learn.
sumitsingh
Full Time Fireman

Postby AndiS » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:10 pm

sumitsingh wrote:The auto Signals are controlled by some mechanism may be I don't know but they have some equipments installed on the tracks.
Kindly see the attachments.

It works like this: Think of 1 or 2 km of track inserted in the middle of the drawing - the whole block.
The battery on the left sends electrons down one rail through the whole block to the other end. There they run through the coils of a relay. From there, they return via the other rail to the battery. Where there is no train, works as described. The relay closes the connection for the green light at the signal.

The tracks seen here are insulated from the rest of the network.

As soon as a single axle is on this insulated part of these rails, it form a short circuit, because it is made of metal. Now the electrons travel from one track to the other via the axle and nothing reaches the relay. This means that the switch is no longer closed for the green light, if "falls off" and closes the connection for the red light.

All this only works if the axle or axles are good enough electric conductors but with an whole train in the block, there will always be enough connection between the tracks. But I have heard of regulations to ensure that tracks don't get rusty, so very rusty track or very dirty track could pose a problem.

Bonus: If rail breaks from frost or is damaged by rocks or tampering, the circuit is broken, too and red light is shown. If the track is flooded, the short circuit is there as if there was a train. With snow and ice on the track, there can be a short circuit, too, again showing red, though in this case, it may be safe enough to proceed.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby sumitsingh » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi, Do UK have a combination of Semaphore and color light Signals like this?
sumitsingh
Full Time Fireman

Postby Auscgu » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:11 am

Sumitsingh

Now that is a interesting signal with some history

The arms look more European or american but lower quadrant
The posts are scenic items that you can model
The discs should not be to difficult
The arms you need to find some arms that match which have lower quadrant and the ban files available
You should be able to adapt the BR ground disc and feathers if you follow AndiS lead with his test set

This should see the rough shape up and running
A bit of work but not impossible

The place to start is finding the arms that are close
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

Postby sumitsingh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:46 pm

I thought Semaphore Signals do not have feathers. :shock:

I will try to model my own set of Signals from various reference available. 8-)
sumitsingh
Full Time Fireman

Postby Auscgu » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Sumitsingh
They do in India
You can use components from signals and make customs

Making from scratch will take longer but a better result long term.

Cheers Ausc
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat