Farming Simulator 2017

For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one.

Farming Simulator 2017

Postby BigVern » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:16 am

Just picked this up in the Steam sale.

Magnificent and utterly addictive!

Just started playing the Oakfield Farm map/mod (https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017) which really captures the feel of the Glos. countryside.

Really surprised I haven't investigated this genre before - I see there is a FS19 due later in the year which is definitely on the wish list.

From a "dev" point of view, has anyone dabbled with making their own maps? How easy or hard is this compared to route building in MSTS, Trainz or TS20xx?
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Re: Farming Simulator 2017

Postby sumitsingh » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:13 pm

I have found a book which might help you.
https://www.wiley.com/en-us/Farming+Sim ... 1118940273
Farming Simulator Modding For Dummies written by Founder and CEO of GIANTS software.
sumitsingh
Full Time Fireman

Re: Farming Simulator 2017

Postby Stone75 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:40 pm

Make sure you are using Seasons Mod. Farming does not make much sense without it. AI extension mod will give your AI helpers a little more smarts for fieldwork. Some of the best tractors in game are on the mods page too. Realistic Engine and Realistic gameplay adds true weight and momentum to items. Now you seriously have to think about tractive effort while in wet fields or pulling heavy trailers uphill. There are a ton more mods with some truly excellent items. I like to use the Farmsim official page to find mods then just use the in game mod manager to install. Personally i'm more of a play on hard with meagre beginnings and try to eek out a farm life but many just like to have millions and the biggest machinery. The worlds your oyster so to speak :D

steve
Stone75
Passed Fireman

Return to General Chat