TSxx Decal

For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one.

TSxx Decal

Postby Central rail » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:38 pm

Following the versions of Google Earth being retired that were compatible with RW Decal, My hunt for takers to sort the code failed miserably late last year mainly due to the size of project but I'm giving it another shot. So if anyone is interested in working to get RW Decal functional with the newer versions of Google Earth so that those including myself who were still using it will be able to do so once again. The code is freely available here: https://github.com/simdeveloper/RWDecal however if functional again the program MUST continue to remain FREE.
Central rail
Engine Cleaner

Re: TSxx Decal

Postby Pauls » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi,

I had a chat with a guy who does Python programming and he said it would take a major re-write to make RWdecal work with the latest Google Earth.

It seems the only solution is to use an old version of Google Earth - I’ve no idea how long the old versions will work for ? Have you tried RWDecal with an older version of Google Earth recently ?

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Postby AndiS » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 am

I seem to remember that the whole problem was that the Google server stopped to talk to (so) old clients.

My private view is that all of the available options are quite some work and the whole scene is in limbo because of the continued uncertainty and delays in TSW. When and if that is the new thing, then anyone putting in much work will target that. If it fails, some will change from the fence back to the old RW. And some will start dreaming of a new, independent thing again, that certainly will fold again on the first rumour of a commercially backed next product announcement.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby brysonman46 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:11 pm

The servers for GE 6.1 were turned off at the beginning of the year, thereby making RW_Decal non-workable. It will not work with later versions (I think Jim said that it was something to do with the keys).
I spent a week making sets of decals for the routes I will be building over the next few years. I am willing to share with anyone.

Since then I have had to concoct a few more, by taking screen shots in Google Earth Pro and aligning/sizing using the overlay in game
brysonman46
Passed Fireman

TSxx Decal

Postby RailWorkshop » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:01 pm

Once it gone, means it have gone.
Getting an API key for the project is a worty try than betting on a dead horse.
RailWorkshop
General Shed Duties

Postby BigVern » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:27 pm

What we need is a clear idiots guide how to set up a decal from an image. I have several model railway plans I would like to scale up and attempt in DTG TS but haven't the faintest idea how to get these onto decal(s).
Proudly Supporting All Train Sims Since 1993
BigVern
Driver

Postby brysonman46 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:34 pm

BigVern wrote:What we need is a clear idiots guide how to set up a decal from an image. I have several model railway plans I would like to scale up and attempt in DTG TS but haven't the faintest idea how to get these onto decal(s).

It is as I said 2 posts up.
I use Paint.net, but any graphics program should do.
I also use one of my old RW_Decals as a base. There will be a .bin such as providername\product\Environment\Terrain\Decals\brad2 0002 X1 Y1.bin, and a corresponding texture providername\product\Environment\Terrain\Decals\aces\brad2 0002 X1 Y1.TgPcDx
I use RW_Tools to convert the texture to a DDS file, and import into Paint.net. I then overlay this with my image of whatever I am trying to import into game (ensuring that I keep the finished image the same size.) This can be converted back to a TgPcDx file using RW_Tools again (it stores the DDS and the new file in a TempDDS folder in Rail Utilities\RWTools). Once in game, ticking on the Provider\Product enables the decal to be laid in game. It can be resized as required (use the GE overlay to locate)

If you need any help, just PM me

Nick

If anyone wishes a set of decals to use, just let me know
brysonman46
Passed Fireman

Postby BigVern » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:56 am

I'll see if I can work through that Nick. I did try to set up a decal using the Blueprint Editor and an image I'd converted to an ace file. The decal exported with no errors but when I tried to place in the editor, came up with the missing texture. I found the various TGPCDX files had gone in the source folder rather than to the assets folder, so copied them across but still no joy getting the decal to appear.

So what I need is the correct process to set up a basic decal, after which I can then follow your process to change as necessary.
BigVern
Driver

Postby brysonman46 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:32 pm

If you place the .ace file in the Source folder (using the path that you wish to have in Assets), then you use RWUtilities to convert the ace to a TgPcDx (which it places in your Assets folder, together with a .cost, .tgt, and .cost.tgt files, which can be deleted). You will need a suitable bin file to point to the TgPcDx texture file.
brysonman46
Passed Fireman

Re: TSt up via export from the Blueprint Editor)xx Decal

Postby BigVern » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:21 pm

There is a bin file in the Assets folder (which I set up from the Blueprint Editor), but looks like it's not pointing to the graphic image.
BigVern
Driver

Next

Return to General Chat