Introduce Yourself!

For all other chatting you want to do and that does not fit in another forum you can use this one.

Introduce Yourself!

Postby Nobkins » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:24 am

It's nice to know a little bit about who you are chatting with on the forums so feel free to post a brief introduction here:

I'll start things off.
My name is Jim. I have been playing with Train Simulators since MSTS days. Only been active in development since the launch of RailSimulator (which turned into RailWorks and various versions of TrainSimulator).

I started off the Trans Pennine route project a few years ago. This is a team build of a massive route. It is still ongoing but slow progress at times.

I'm the admin at TrainSimDev.com. Feedback is always appreciated. If you think we need a new sub-forum or want a new feature please do ask. Can't promise it will happen but I can try!

Cheers

Jim
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:57 pm

First off, thanks for invite Edward.

I'm Chris, like Jim I've been developing for a fair while now, starting with my first reskins in Railworks before progressing to the more complex work I do now. I've had a go at quite a few different things, including scenario creation, route building (I did some detailing for the Trans Pennine Route), reskinning, modelling and scripting (TPR Leander was my first scripted loco), but I now mostly just do lots of scripting for various steam locomotives with a bit of texturing on the side. In the last year, I have been behind the script and particles of the various Steam Sounds Supreme enhancement packs, I co-scripted and co-painted the Just Trains 4MT Advanced, and since December I have been working with Just Trains again to produce the unreleased Just Trains Clan. In my spare time, I am working with renowned freeware modeller, Kevin Martin, to produce a scripted Ffestiniog Prince loco.

Any scripting issues, I will try my best to help. :)

Kind regards
Chris

P.S. Loving the new smileys. 8-)
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Postby Chris89 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 pm

Well another Chris here as well.

For TS/RW Mostly known for doing scenarios, more then anything. Got quite a few over on UKTS (Username being 220389) also on Steamwork Shop under my own workshop section of things. http://steamcommunity.com/id/chris89/myworkshopfiles/ With some also been directly released via RSC here http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... ppid=24010 (Last two on first page are mine, with various others on older pages)

For games away from Railworks, Am also a tester for Rising Storm (For release, so in credits) Also for maps and other goodies. (Which if interested please PM me).

I am slowly learning how to do Lua scripting, to begin with though for Scenarios etc though.

Chris
Chris89
Full Time Fireman

Postby Blue Tractor » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi, I'm Sean (yes, that nutter)...

Basically, a train-obsessed teen who has managed to get an invaluable job on the railways at the age of 16 - at Direct Rail Services.
I've been involved with the Rail Simulator/ RailWorks/ Train Simulator franchise ever since Rail Sim in 2007 (I think).

I do bits and bobs for Dovetail too (the main work being the Engine Driver articles; I helped to launch-start it).

I've released quite a few scenarios in my time with the franchise - not really routes though as I really cannot put up with the editor (I don't get anywhere with it!).
This said, I enjoy working on the TransPennine Route alongside the likes of Jim and Chris B - this is the only route I can sink my teeth into!

I am also known as "thetrainfan" on UKTrainSim and I was "Northern156" on RWTrainSim; the forum which all started my interest for the franchise off.

Sean
Last edited by Blue Tractor on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean
Blue Tractor
General Shed Duties

Postby Nobkins » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:32 pm

Welcome everyone. Thanks for introducing yourselves. Hope to see some more posts soon :D

Jim
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby ashgray » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi all

Most people from UKTS will recognise me from my time there, nice to see a few familiar names here. :)

I just want to wish the best of luck to Jim in his aspirations for this site - it looks good and if Jim's behind it, I'm certain it will be successful, positive, friendly and an enjoyable place to come to, for all things train simulator-related.

Ash
Last edited by ashgray on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashgray
Engine Cleaner

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:57 pm

ashgray wrote:I just want to wish the best of luck to Jim in his aspirations for this site - it looks god and if Jim's behind it, I'm certain it will be successful, positive, friendly and an enjoyable place to come to, for all things train simulator-related.

I fully agree with that, Ash, well said.

Chris
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Postby Nobkins » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 pm

:blush:
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby Derek B » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi,

I'm Derek. I was introduced to Train Sims when MSTS first appeared but only developed a serious interest when I finally got round to installing Railworks around 2010.

I would hesitate to describe myself as any sort of developer, being happy to confine myself to the use of the scenario editor. I've uploaded several scenarios to UKTS over the years and made contributions to the Great Scenario Challenge and WCML-N scenario pack under the UKTS Freeware Pack banner, all under my UKTS username of 1S811985.

Lately, real-life calls upon my time notwithstanding, I've been preparing scenarios for my own enjoyment, having realised that the tweaking, polishing and general tying up of loose ends required for getting things to an up-loadable state was eating up the majority of the time spent on any given scenario.

Having withdrawn from active content creation I was therefore pleasantly surprised to have an invitation to TrainSimDev.com drop into my in-box. Having had a quick look around it's apparent that Jim has approached the creation of this site with all the passion, commitment, determination and attention to detail that the community rightly associate with his name and I look forward to making my own modest contribution to the sites success.

Regards,

Derek
Derek B
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby rfletcher72 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:08 pm

Hello all,

I'm Richard, and as you can see I've been dead original and re-used my username and avatar from UKTS.

First thing to say must be to thank Jim for the invite, I am really looking forward to being part of this new community. I have made some great friends in the world of train simming and long may it continue.

Cheers,
Richard
rfletcher72
Full Time Fireman

Next

Return to General Chat