England expects that...

Use this forum to show off your hard work to the other visitors of this site.

Re: England expects that...

Postby VictoryWorks » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:15 am

You're going to need to be more specific than "it still doesn't work".

VictoryWorks wrote:If that doesn't sort it can you let me know ... if you have any mods or reskins installed, what control type you use and exactly what controls are doing/not doing what.

I need to know the above, which livery/liveries and exactly what you're trying to do with what controls and what is happening/not happening.
You can't take a car to a garage and say "it's not working" and have them fix it. You may not be able to tell them that your "exhaust gasses are bubbling up through your St Elmo's pipe trench", but you can tell them "it's only getting 4mph per gallon and it tries to eat my sandwiches every time we go on a picnic" :)
VictoryWorks
Driver

Postby LJA » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:17 pm

VictoryWorks wrote:You're going to need to be more specific than "it still doesn't work".

VictoryWorks wrote:If that doesn't sort it can you let me know ... if you have any mods or reskins installed, what control type you use and exactly what controls are doing/not doing what.

I need to know the above, which livery/liveries and exactly what you're trying to do with what controls and what is happening/not happening.
You can't take a car to a garage and say "it's not working" and have them fix it. You may not be able to tell them that your "exhaust gasses are bubbling up through your St Elmo's pipe trench", but you can tell them "it's only getting 4mph per gallon and it tries to eat my sandwiches every time we go on a picnic" :)

Right, i have the same issues as before. Also its on all the locos.
LJA
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby VictoryWorks » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:05 am

Ok, last attempt from me and then I'm giving up and you'll need to report it to DTG and I'll let them try and gather the details from you.

WHAT ARE THE ACTUAL PROBLEMS? What are you doing, what controls are you pressing? What are you expecting to happen? What is actually happening? In EXACT detail, please.

All you've told me so far is...

i cant get the brakes of and the reverser doesnt 'latch' on anymore
it still doesnt work
i have the same issues as before

That's not even close to enough information for me to attempt to investigate a problem that 1 user out of many 100's is reporting.
VictoryWorks
Driver

Postby LJA » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:28 pm

VictoryWorks wrote:Ok, last attempt from me and then I'm giving up and you'll need to report it to DTG and I'll let them try and gather the details from you.

WHAT ARE THE ACTUAL PROBLEMS? What are you doing, what controls are you pressing? What are you expecting to happen? What is actually happening? In EXACT detail, please.

All you've told me so far is...

i cant get the brakes of and the reverser doesnt 'latch' on anymore
it still doesnt work
i have the same issues as before

That's not even close to enough information for me to attempt to investigate a problem that 1 user out of many 100's is reporting.

So when i try to get the brakes off using the ';' button, the brake handle moves across, but the brakes dont come off and the small ejector doesnt come on when the brakes are in the 'off' position. The reverser however when i go in the game and go into advanced and try to 'latch' the reverser (by pressing 'E') it doesnt 'latch it just moves freely like it would in non-advanced mode.
Thanks
LJA
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby DominusEdwardius » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Which livery and which engine.
Edward
Regards Edward

Meshtools - Scripter and Sound Artist
http://www.meshtools.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/Meshtools
DominusEdwardius
Passed Fireman

Postby VictoryWorks » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:58 pm

I assume you get the pop up in the top right corner stating you are definitely in Advanced mode?

Have you tried the brakes using the cab brake handle with the mouse or the F4 HUD?
The Praires don't have a separate small ejector if memory serves, they use a combined brake.
In addition the TS small ejector only works when the brake is in running.. i.e. you can set the brake in the running position and then use the small ejector to take the brakes off, but only if it's fitted with a small ejector.

The reverser latch is always on in Advanced mode. You need to press and hold E to release the reverser and allow you to move it, then when you let go the latch will drop back on and stop the reverser from moving. The way you describe it is as if you're pressing and letting go to apply the latch, which is not how it works.
VictoryWorks
Driver

Postby LJA » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:04 pm

VictoryWorks wrote:I assume you get the pop up in the top right corner stating you are definitely in Advanced mode?

Have you tried the brakes using the cab brake handle with the mouse or the F4 HUD?
The Praires don't have a separate small ejector if memory serves, they use a combined brake.
In addition the TS small ejector only works when the brake is in running.. i.e. you can set the brake in the running position and then use the small ejector to take the brakes off, but only if it's fitted with a small ejector.

The reverser latch is always on in Advanced mode. You need to press and hold E to release the reverser and allow you to move it, then when you let go the latch will drop back on and stop the reverser from moving. The way you describe it is as if you're pressing and letting go to apply the latch, which is not how it works.

Yes i am in advanced mode and i have tried to use it in the F4 HUD and it still doesnt release.
LJA
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby VictoryWorks » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Ok, I'm running out of ideas. Especially as you seem to be the only person effected by it!

Can you give me a run down of EXACTLY what you're doing, what each control is set at, in detail.. I need the values for every control that's in play in what you're trying to do. If you know how to use the Control State Dialog then please use that to report the data as well.
Take it step by step, every single detail. Or I guess you could film it? I can't think of any other way to see the detail I need to even start to guess what's going on :?
VictoryWorks
Driver

Postby LJA » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:00 am

VictoryWorks wrote:Ok, I'm running out of ideas. Especially as you seem to be the only person effected by it!

Can you give me a run down of EXACTLY what you're doing, what each control is set at, in detail.. I need the values for every control that's in play in what you're trying to do. If you know how to use the Control State Dialog then please use that to report the data as well.
Take it step by step, every single detail. Or I guess you could film it? I can't think of any other way to see the detail I need to even start to guess what's going on :?

Well i've recorded a video showing you but i dont know how to put it onto these posts so do you have an email address i can send it to.
Thanks
LJA
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby VictoryWorks » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:07 am

Giving this thread a kick with some extra curricular activity, and to save spamming Vern's narrow gauge route build thread over here
http://www.trainsimdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=644

Just for fun (and a bit of a tribute) I've been making a WW1 narrow gauge Simplex petrol loco in my spare time.
I made the model last week...

and today I finished the basic texturing

SimplexColour1.jpg
VictoryWorks
Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Showroom