Steam Sounds Supreme Projects

Use this forum to show off your hard work to the other visitors of this site.

Re: Steam Sounds Supreme Projects

Postby Crumplezone » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:27 am

Its good to see you have been finally able to be let loose on a 9F after all these years. Sounds good so far from the WIP, though I'm not 100% sure on the whistle. I think the whistle on the 9F has a higher shrill tone to it, you can hear it in the following video: http://www.youtube.com/v/haesAB6cXsQ.

I haven't actually got the new DTG 9F, mostly because of the god aweful reviews about its sounds and other stuff, though I may pick it up monday along with Pete's recent release monday. I wish I could have got his release sooner but with x-mas and a fridge packing up 2weeks prior to x-mas its not been so easy on the money, its another reason why I've been so busy and not been able to help out as much as I could usually do testing products due either to not having the DLC or just not the time or ill health.

All the best over X-mas period Matt and I hope next year will be as fruitful as this year with the 3 locos being produced for SSS and the route also, 2015 could turnaround to be a excellent year for steam era based releases.

Crump
Crumplezone
Full Time Fireman

Postby SteamSoundsSupreme » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Lets Take a Look Inside the Workshop

http://sssworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... kshop.html
SteamSoundsSupreme
Passed Fireman

Postby Pauls » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:47 am

SteamSoundsSupreme wrote:Lets Take a Look Inside the Workshop

http://sssworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... kshop.html

Hi Matt,

Lovely to see the progress everyone is making.

I've just got the main Arley building and platform into TS2015 for the first time this evening - then I've got to add all the detail models that I've been working on - then add the shading to the shadow maps - I think you might have to relay the track around the station though - particularly the main platform siding - after that I've still got to make the other platform and shelter which shouldn't be too bad - then finally the bridge - again not too big a project. Do you have a signal box for Arley yet ? - I believe it's a LNWR box in GWR colours ?

Cheers
Paul
Pauls
Driver

Postby SteamSoundsSupreme » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Thanks Paul. No I haven't got a signal box sorted yet.

GWR 28xx/2884 Progress Report

• The Cab is 95% complete. DT are waiting for some references to complete 1 or 2 details, but basically there.
  • UV Map and Texturing of Cab
  • A complete working model is almost ready. This will allow the development of sounds to begin
  • Whilst that is happening, all the variations will be done.

Digital Traction are committed to getting things absolutely spot on. So when reference material dries up, they'll go and get it, instead of guessing. Maybe the model takes longer, but the end result will be worth it!

Regards
Matt
SteamSoundsSupreme
Passed Fireman

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:00 pm

Very nice, Matt, it's looking very good. Just a couple of pointers for Rob and Tom that they may want to have another look at: the regulator handle in the fully closed position shouldn't go straight down, instead being about 30-40 degrees from the vertical line, and the brake valve travel is about 40 degrees either side of vertical, not 90 as currently portrayed. :)

Image owner: Peter Skuce
Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/55223176@ ... DbX-iFJ1xJ

Chris
Last edited by cjbarnes5294 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Postby SteamSoundsSupreme » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Cheers Chris. I know next to nothing about the process with modeling, but from a comment on FB about the same perceived issue, it appears that the regulator control, and others, will rest correctly once the animation is done. I'm absolutely certain that the references Rob and Tom have been working from will have showed the correct position for the regulator to rest. Is that a picture from 2857?

Regards
Matt
SteamSoundsSupreme
Passed Fireman

Postby cjbarnes5294 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:34 pm

I don't know which loco that is I'm afraid, it's just an image from Flickr. I'll edit the post to clarify the source of the image.

Chris
The Red Queen Hypothesis, applicable to train sim development?

"Here, you see, it takes all of the running you can do, to keep the same place."
cjbarnes5294
Driver

Postby JamesLit » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:45 pm

SteamSoundsSupreme wrote:Cheers Chris. I know next to nothing about the process with modeling, but from a comment on FB about the same perceived issue, it appears that the regulator control, and others, will rest correctly once the animation is done. I'm absolutely certain that the references Rob and Tom have been working from will have showed the correct position for the regulator to rest. Is that a picture from 2857?

Regards
Matt

That would be me! ;) From the perspective of a modeller, I would model the components as they are sitting in that image, purely because I would find it far easier to model them in that way because they would be vertically symmetrical that way, whereas if you're working diagonally you have to deal with all kinds of awkward. I'll have a quick chat with Tom just to make sure though. :)
The Forge Simulation | Like us on Facebook!
Owner & Director | Content built with care, not compromises.
JamesLit
Driver

Postby SteamSoundsSupreme » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:21 pm

Some small progress reports on some of our projects:

http://sssworkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/ ... ports.html
SteamSoundsSupreme
Passed Fireman

Postby LJA » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knows whats happened too the Tornado expansion pack its seems to have gone all quite about it https://m.facebook.com/SteamSoundsSupre ... &source=42
Thanks
LJA
Fit for Firing Duties

PreviousNext

Return to Showroom