I've not been idle..

Use this forum to show off your hard work to the other visitors of this site.

Re: I've not been idle..

Postby Auscgu » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:31 am

The wagons would be designed for set sheet width and angled to clear gauge
Apart from the raised centre of gravity the load would be central
The wagon would have specific load instruction to keep them with in specs
If weight was a problem they would start the bottom load point nearer to centre of wagon

Mal the wagons look great some inspiring work
I am sure people will accept them as payware
Time for some rewards for your hard work

Keep bashing digital metal
Ausc
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

Postby TrabantDeLuxe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:02 pm

That's what I would figure. If the load is causing undue imbalance to the left and right support points, just adjust the centre of gravity by shifting it using wooden blocks of some description. Neat modelling as always :).
TrabantDeLuxe
Passed Fireman

Postby malkymackay » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:07 am

And that's the Diagram 2/495 Trestle done. 20 examples of these appeared in 1963, the lever hand brakes and Gloucester cast bogies being the only major change from the previous diagram.

In 1979, 51 of the Bogie Trestles were treated to an Air braked conversion. Obvious changes are the Y25C bogies with disc brakes and the wheel for the handbrakes being mounted on the bogies. Strengthening ribs were added to the bodywork, along with a set of steps at the rear of the trestle. The loads were now secured by nylon straps mounted on tensioner reels, instead of chains. The oval head self-contained buffers were replaced by round head oleo-pneumatic ones.

I suppose I should tackle the Diagram 2/491 unfitted examples as well. The dimensions are the same, just the 2 Lots having different bogie types not already modelled. :roll:
malkymackay
Full Time Fireman

Postby malkymackay » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:13 pm

That's the first of the unfitted Trestles unwrapped and AO baked. The vehicles of Lot 2434 were fitted with LNER style diamond frame bogies.
malkymackay
Full Time Fireman

Postby malkymackay » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:14 pm

And that's the 2nd version of the unfitted Trestle modeled. Vehicles of Lot 3066 were fitted with Plate bogies without side frame cutouts and split type oil axleboxes.
malkymackay
Full Time Fireman

Postby malkymackay » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:22 pm

I've also been working on better quality versions of some of the wagons I released as freeware. First, we have the vac braked Bogie Bolster C, with 2 bogie types:

In the early 80's, through air pipes were fitted to some and they were also fitted with nylon straps to secure the load and oleo buffers.

Next up are vac braked Bogie Bolster D, with 3 diagrams covering the 3 different bogie types used. There are also variations in the height of the bolster stanchions, the type of buffers fitted and the method of applying the handbrake.

Like the Bolster C, Bolster D vehicles were also fitted with a through air pipe and tension reel straps in the early 80's to become BDW.

Finally, we come to the vac braked Bogie Plates which had a similar chassis to the Bolster D.

In 1980-81, 80 Unfitted Boplate E went through an air braked conversion at Shildon. Y25C bogies with hand wheel brakes were the major visual difference, with the bodywork remaining unaltered.

They all have a selection of loads with the physics adjusted to suit, dynamic works plate detail, random variations in the labeling and tail lamps. The empty bogie bolsters have randomly chosen positions for the bolsters and their stanchions.

I still have a good few more wagons left to share, but we can leave those until another time. :D
malkymackay
Full Time Fireman

Postby malkymackay » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:07 pm

I'm happy to announce that Steam Sounds Supreme have just released a pack containing my Shocvans and BR Brake Van. Head on over to http://www.steamsoundssupreme.com/ to grab your copy :D
malkymackay
Full Time Fireman

Postby Auscgu » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:58 pm

Malkymackay
Love the new wagons, looking forward to more of your work building the wagon fleet in digital
The UK early freight scene with such variety of common user and speciality wagons is so charming
Your work is inspiring knowing from where you have come and what you are now achieving
Please keep the wagon images rolling as I am a big fan of your work
Life is busy getting the route for all the wagons
Cheers Aus
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

Postby malkymackay » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:45 pm

A mixed load of Trestles and Trestrols sit at Kingmoor behind a scruffy Black 5.

I've not looked at unfitted Trestrols yet, but the piped Trestrols and all the main Trestle ED variants are nearly complete.
malkymackay
Full Time Fireman

Postby Auscgu » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:15 am

Mal
I think WOW covers that
Looking forward to seeing that wagon set released and the loads and scene just says it all
Good to see your a steam man and nothing better than a good load with the engine working hard
One of my favourite runs is from Newton Abbot to Plymouth with a freight train
That South of the Border LOL

Cheers Ausc
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

PreviousNext

Return to Showroom