Andis Signal Issues

Re: Andis Signal Issues

Postby Auscgu » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:58 am

AndiS,

There seem to be a communication mismatch.

The crux of the problem is finding a solution for Arm Doll Route information transferring from the signals ahead to allow the correct arms to clear.

This problem has existed for a long time and I have asked on multiple occasions for help to resolve the issue.
The Basford Hall Jct signals is another example of the issue where I would like to review the method to ensure or resolve the issue.

The other issue is the signal distant arm codes.
I have always had issues using them with signals.
I have tested you original example routes and these have the identical issue.
I have created the same setup with my signals parallel to your version so I can see the Colour lights and Semaphore versions side by side. The colour lights work the semaphore signals fail.

I am sure you where diligent in your testing but some thing has changed.
I would appreciate some help to have the signals work as you intended.
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

Postby AndiS » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:08 pm

Auscgu wrote:There seem to be a communication mismatch.

The crux of the problem is finding a solution for Arm Doll Route information transferring from the signals ahead to allow the correct arms to clear.

This problem has existed for a long time and I have asked on multiple occasions for help to resolve the issue.
The Basford Hall Jct signals is another example of the issue where I would like to review the method to ensure or resolve the issue.

There are two different issues. By coincidence, they seem to come along together several times.

1) There is an extra stop arm that has not use. In this case it is this smaller arm on bottom right of Crewe Sorting Siding South Starter, numbered 3.

You need trackwork, not scripting or signal configuration there.

2) Forwarding of information between signals.

Without knowing, what you want to achieve, it is difficult to advise. But the basics are these:

Anything to do with > will influence the distant in appoach, not any stop arms.

If you want a wrapper to send route information, you need to put the digit for it into the table in the fly-out. And you must make sure that this route information is not overruled by the receiving signal. So the receiving signal must not have a route character in the table, for the receiving link.

I have different ideas about different things you might wish to achieve and I feel like I only add to confusion if I say more. Please give me a trackplan or a complete series of trackwork, in order of train travel, so I can know what you aim at.

Auscgu wrote:The other issue is the signal distant arm codes.
I have always had issues using them with signals.
I have tested you original example routes and these have the identical issue.
I have created the same setup with my signals parallel to your version so I can see the Colour lights and Semaphore versions side by side. The colour lights work the semaphore signals fail.

I am more lost with this one. Please give me one complete example and describe what you want to see and what you see.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Postby Auscgu » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:39 am

AndiS,

I have read you comments and I will endeavour to get you get you up to speed on the track and signal layout.
I forget that I have spent quite a bit of time working at Crewe and expect you to understand what is happening from a few pictures. Tall Order.

Basford Hall Yard at Crewe was started in 1901 and finished in 1910.
In the 1930s which is the period of this route was the biggest yard in Europe.
Crewe had a 1000 trains a day passing through.
30 to 60 thousand wagons a week.

I am sailing for a few days and run out of time so will get you the details then.
Thanks Ausc
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

Previous

Return to Route Creation