Inner distant at Worgret Siding

Inner distant at Worgret Siding

Postby AndiS » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:33 pm

In the down direction between Wareham and Worgret Jcn, we find Worgret Siding.

The Wareham advanced starter carries a distant arm below it. The Worgret Siding diagram says that this distant arm is slotted by Worgret Siding and Worgret Jcn. This means that it will not clear if only Worgret Siding clears.

In the game, this is called an outer distant for Worgret Jcn. Its role as outer distant for Worgret Siding is implied. In the table of route characters (last page), we find c for "section signal, outer distant of second box". Since the Wareham advanced starter has but one link, it has no properties table. So we append $C to the signal idea. (Historical note: This is the grandfather of all the config strings. ;) ) Now the distant under the starter will only clear if the signals at the second box, that is Worgret Jcn, clear.

At Worgret Siding, there is just one stop signal. This is called a home signal in the prototype, but in my scripts, a home signal is a signal that is not a section signal and here we are looking at a section signal. It is the outer distant for Worgret Jcn. That would be letter b then, which should be the default if I remember that right. This will be a 2T signal with links beyond each of the two trailing switches.

At Worgret Jcn, I really would make the doll for the mainline no. 1 to save yourself a ton of trouble. As mentioned elsewhere, you can make it no. 2 and use DIST2 for the distant arm at Worgret Siding, but you must do some extra configuration there to get the distant arm under the Wareham starter working and I just want to cut this out here.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Re: Inner distant at Worgret Siding

Postby Auscgu » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:57 pm

Andis,
The Worgret sidings are out of period.
They where used for the WW1 and removed.
Auscgu
Passed Fireman

Re: Inner distant at Worgret Siding

Postby AndiS » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:07 am

One problem less then in this convoluted area.

Still the above may be a guideline for similar situations.
AndiS
Top Link Driver!

Return to Route Creation