1950 Isle of Sheppey

1950 Isle of Sheppey

Postby KaityUK » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:17 pm

For some months I’ve been working on a 'Sheppey Light Railway' route, but I had not posted here about it and thought it was about time that I did and at the same time post about some changes I am doing to it.

I started working on the route last year and my first version was based on a clone of London / Faversham High Speed and the Sheerness Branch Line. It was 'what if' type route setting the line as if it was still open today, as either part of the national network or as a heritage line (I hadn't decided which).

After DTG released the Chatham line one of their devs in his own time produced a merged route of Chatham and London/Faversham, so I restarted my Sheppey Light Railway route using a clone of that instead, mainly because the Queenborough section of the merged route had been reworked amd updated somewhat.

However, a few weeks ago I decided that it's better to create the route from scratch, but using the assets from DTG's 'Riveria Lne in the 50s' as a basis, and set it in the 1950's.

This means that my route is now called '1950 Isle of Sheppey' and the change of heart allows me to expand to cover all of Sheppey's railways, rather than just the Sheppey Light Railway, so all the industrial lines around Queenborough will be included as will Bluetown and probably the Tramways too.

To help me build the route I am using:-

The Sheppey Light Railway – by Brian Hart

The Sheppey Light Railway – by Peter A. Harding

Branch Lines Around Sheerness – by Vic Mitchell and Keith Smith

Google Earth of aerial photos from 1940 and 1960 as decals

Plus photos from a couple of Sheppey Facebook groups I am in and photos from other websites.

Feel free to post links to sites that you think may help me.

Updates and screenshots to follow

I have a Facebook group for the route, which you can find at - https://www.facebook.com/groups/sheppeylightrailway/
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaitlynn Allen
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author - 1950 isle of Sheppey route
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sheppeylightrailway/
KaityUK
General Shed Duties

Re: 1950 Isle of Sheppey

Postby VictoryWorks » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:13 am

Looking forward to seeing how you get on.
And don't worry the previous versions were not wasted.. they were excellent practice :)
VictoryWorks
Driver

Re: 1950 Isle of Sheppey

Postby KaityUK » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:17 pm

Just a quick update - I am still working on this, I've just been badly sidetracked for the last year :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaitlynn Allen
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author - 1950 isle of Sheppey route
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sheppeylightrailway/
KaityUK
General Shed Duties

Return to Route Creation