Scissor frustrations.

Scissor frustrations.

Postby Stone75 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:22 pm

Hey all, been a while. Just been tinkering and improving altering payware routes and came across a wee problem creating scissors. Basically 2 straight lines with the junction. What I don't get is why 3 out of 4 identical points render perfect but just 1 says nah not having it. The junction was created automatically so all is equal. As you can see where two rails create a point on the left, one rail does not form a point but is just open while the other forms as should. The rail was in fact shortened to prevent it mis rendering over the gap, but so were the other 3.
Also inside the diamond, you can just see the tips of guard rails that are unwanted. While I can remove them from the points using CTRL double click, I cant locate where to click for within the diamond. None of this is a game breaker, was just hoping to tap the wealth of knowledge here :D Here's a pic to show...

Hope your all in good health !

Stephen
Stone75
Passed Fireman

Re: Scissor frustrations.

Postby Stone75 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:38 am

After creating the scissor, I spent 5 hours laying track. this morning I ripped it up after realising I had the wrong spacing between lines :roll: No problem this time with the scissor, weired but not complaining...

Stephen
Stone75
Passed Fireman

Postby TrabantDeLuxe » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi!

Sorry to be of no help, but somehow the forum isn't letting me view the images. Anyone else having the same issue?
TrabantDeLuxe
Passed Fireman

Postby Stone75 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:56 pm

Not sure why, can't see a setting that would prevent it. I'm guessing you don't see the thumbnails. Not missing much like :)
Stone75
Passed Fireman

Postby Stone75 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Seems with railworks and complex junctions, if it gets anomalies, quite often re laying the same can get rid of them. Managed quite a bit with many slips, some curved, scissors and three way all in a fairly tight area. I'd hazard at saying almost 95% of junctions fitting where they should. Lots to do but you get the idea. Forgot how much I enjoy laying complex areas. This is about 50% of the track done for this small area.

Stephen
Stone75
Passed Fireman

Return to Route Creation