Air Keyboard

Discussion related to OMSI 2 bus simulator

Air Keyboard

Postby JasonM » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:52 pm

I have been using an Air Keyboard app Air Keyboard appon my ipad to use as a touch screen ticket machine.
I used the textures from the SD200 texture folder for the keypad and also the money change buttons and edited them together so that I can give tickets, give change and take money all by the press of the buttons on the ipad.
Not wanting to stop at that have now got an old Wayfarer 3 ticket machine and will connect that to OMSI via a arduino board, I will most probably then use air keyboard to do a dashboard layout for the light switches etc(as have not got the room for real dashboard).
Just waiting for the next Omsi 2 patch that is due any day now.
--
Jason
JasonM
Full Time Fireman

Re: Air Keyboard

Postby Nobkins » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:14 pm

That sounds great. Any chance of a picture so I can get a food feel for what you have achieved.

I need to build a new computer as my graphics card failed and it will not run anything on my on-board graphics.

Looking forward to the OMSI update.

And welcome btw :D

Feel free to say hello on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=96

Jim
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby JasonM » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:47 pm

This is a picture of what I see on my Ipad, not all keys will work in game as you only use 5 ticket types, the issue ticket button(bottom right) C for cancel and I have used the O to collect money in tray and then the bottom keys for the change.
Problem with Air Keyboard and Omsi2 at moment is that I cant use some symbols "£$%^ etc so have run out of key commands though I contacted Air Keyboard support and they said in the next update all symbols will be selectable.

Hope you get a new gfx card sorted.

--

Jason
JasonM
Full Time Fireman

Postby Nobkins » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:54 pm

JasonM wrote:Hope you get a new gfx card sorted.

I intend a bit more of an upgrade if I can convince myself to spend the money (mostly for the arrival of Elite Dangerous)
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Nobkins/saved/41V5

Adding that extra immersion to a game is great and looks like you are onto a good thing with the Air Keyboard.
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby JasonM » Thu May 01, 2014 9:46 pm

Also working on a Dashboard display to use on the ipad -

JasonM
Full Time Fireman

Postby rivimey » Fri May 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Nobkins wrote:I intend a bit more of an upgrade if I can convince myself to spend the money (mostly for the arrival of Elite Dangerous)
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Nobkins/saved/41V5

Very similar to the one I'm building in my head at the moment, though I would step down to the non-Ti version of the 780 to save a few pounds and spend it on faster DRAM: PC2200 or something like that would give much more headroom for overclocking.

I've been torn, however, on the CPU choice. Given I have an LGA1155 Core i5 2500K now, I can't decide between:
  • changing to a Core i7 3770K 4 core now and waiting for the next gen 8-core parts at Christmas;
  • changing to a new MB with a Core i7-4770K 4+4 core (and probably not getting new bits at Christmas!)
  • changing to a new MB with a Core i7-4960X 6+6 core now and definitely not getting new bits at Christmas
  • making do with what I have and stop whining, and perhaps get something better at Christmas!
rivimey
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby rivimey » Fri May 02, 2014 11:09 pm

Had some fun and did my own build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/rivimey/saved/4yAe
It is a bit expensive but what can you do when the cpu is over £700!
rivimey
Fit for Firing Duties

Postby Nobkins » Sat May 03, 2014 5:37 am

The Fractal Design R4 is nice. Have you considered the NZXT H440. I was going to get a R4 but then they brought out the H440.

No capacity for a CD / DVD drive (I rarely use one so will just get a USB drive) but it has great water cooling capacity (loads of space for radiators and I really like the look.
Nobkins
Site Admin

Postby Blue Tractor » Sat May 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Just to update you all, there were a small number of hitches to OMSI 2.1 and the latest official announcement is that it will be released on Monday (Bank Holiday) 5th May.
Sean
Blue Tractor
General Shed Duties

Postby JasonM » Sat May 03, 2014 8:21 pm

Blue Tractor wrote:Just to update you all, there were a small number of hitches to OMSI 2.1 and the latest official announcement is that it will be released on Monday (Bank Holiday) 5th May.

I look forward to this update, lets hope it lives up to our expectations.
JasonM
Full Time Fireman

Next

Return to OMSI 2 (bus simulator)