Beta?

Everything to do with Elite Dangerous the latest in the genera defining series of space games.

Re: Beta?

Postby Nobkins » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:50 am

VictoryWorks wrote: First thing will be for them to fix the friend meet-up stuff, then I can at least decide if I want to play it like an MMO.

Yeh I would like to get groups sorted. And Ironman mode.
TrainSimDev.com YouTube Channel
Video tutorials and other resources
Nobkins
Site Admin

Re: Beta?

Postby spacedyemeerkat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:44 am

spacedyemeerkat wrote:I do think in many respects it's a game from a bygone era: there's no spoon feeding and some will feel that since there's nothing in the way of set goals to achieve (reaching elite status excepted) that the game lacks direction and will quickly become boring. I can see how would happen although I've only put about 25 hours actual play time in.

Oh, gosh. The official forums are awash with these complaints with the gamma having been released yesterday.

I'm holding off playing the gamma at the moment, partly due to a pending house move, partly due to a huge backlog of games (Far Cry 4, Dragon Age 3, Warlords of Draenor, Drive Club, Wasteland 2, Assetto Corsa etc) but mostly because there'll be a final wipe come the official release on 16 December. Perhaps I'll take a quick look later today :D
spacedyemeerkat
Engine Cleaner

Previous

Return to Elite Dangerous